Lift Rods

I am thinking about getting lift rods for my RRS. What does everyone thing about the different options, I am looking at either the pround rhino ones on lucky 8 or johnson rods. Are there any others I should look at? The GAP tool is out of my budget right now unfortunately. Should I leave them on all the time or only when I get to the trail? Are they hard to install? 

Thanks in advance!

The only time I have seen the GAP tool on sale is this time of year at Lucky8. FWIW. 

I am running the Proud Rhino's because they were inexpensive and from what read, the same length as the Johnson Rods. You are replacing a piece of plastic with metal to trick the height sensors in both options. So I don't think it matters. 

I do use the GAP tool in conjunction with the lift rods. I have a highway setting that puts me back to stock height-ish to preserve fuel economy in my daily driver. If I am off-road, I put it in off-road height. The other functions with the GAP Tool are great if you are doing your own wrenching, off the beaten path... 

Rods are the cheapest way to be at off road height at all times.

My experience is.... Upside: more lift. Downside: harsher ride. I didn't care for the ride, so I took them off and got a gap tool.

The rods are pretty easy to put on/off. Maybe 20 minutes at first, and you'd probably get faster. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, though.

If you install them for permanent use, you'll want to get an alignment. Not a big deal, but another expense.

I'll send you my unused ones so you can play around with them.

Sasquatch test fitted his adjustable rods on my RRS when he developed them. Super easy to install/uninstall and you get quicker the more times you do them. I set them for a ~2" lift, but ran the original rods daily and swapped them out for the trail. Shortly after, I beta tested the GAP tool which confirmed my laziness as I opted to use the GAP tool to get lift and stopped swapping out rods.

Note that the GAP tool calculates a max lift you can get during calibration while rods gives everyone the same amount of max lift. I was also too lazy to experiment with the combo of adjustable rods + GAP to see how much max lift I could get.