2020 Meeting of the Members & Q3 Board Meeting (Annual Event News Update)

Members,

This year, 2020, by far has been the most disruptive year I myself can remember in a long time.

The novel Coronavirus, heat waves, massive wildfires have impacted all of us in ways big and small. From disrupting smaller trips like our Monthy Offroad Gatherings to our biggest event of the year the annual.

As I type this fires burn across the state, taking homes, affecting the air quality and leading to National Park closures. The Creek fire currently burns at 10% containment directly in the National Forests we had aimed to host our 2020 Annual. 

The board has decided to cancel this year's Annual Event. We did not make this decision lightly.

The Good News

We of course would be doing a disservice if we canceled the event without any alternatives however! 

I am pleased to announce - in place of the annual -  we will be resurrecting the 2020 Meeting of the Members!

What:

The Meeting of the Members this year will be held at Don's place in Walnut Grove (Thanks Don!). Saturday morning has an optional run to Prairie City to play until retiring back to Don's in the afternoon for BBQ and Rover Games as well as the traditional rover parts swap. 

This event will require attendees to BYO-food ;) - Bring your own meats, beverages, and sides. Feel free to bring enough to share - it's a potluck. The Board will provide grills (possible a BBQ trailer) as well as a few kegs.

Additionally, Don has offered folks who wish to camp out Saturday night :) .

When (Rough Agenda):

October 3rd - 4th

9:00 AM Start at Prairie City [Optional]

12:00 PM [Folks can begin arriving at Don's for the swap meet and BBQ.

Saturday evening: Folks that wish may spend the night

Where:

Don's  - 

13995 Hannum Ct

Walnut Grove, CA 95690

Prairie City -
13300 White Rock Rd, 
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

• 2 weeks later...

So who is excited????? I will be there with Theresa - albeit we may be rover-less  :o

. We’re always excited for rover stuff and did you get a replacement spare diff for the one we parted up on rubicon? If not iv got one you can have and some tail light covers.

9abafaf64325ce07d8036d8207c53a57.jpg

I have a bunch of stuff from Bearmach to giveaway. We have a few really nice soft shell jackets, a couple sweatshirts, and a couple shirts. These will be available to win at the Cornhole tournament and whatever other games we come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick update - as mentioned if anybody wants to throw a tent up and spend the night you're welcome to do so.  Or you could even just set up a cot in the shop.  If there's only one, I have a spare bedroom as well but if more than one you'll have to fight for it...

It would be good if you could bring your own camp chairs.  We have a few to put out but not enough for everybody, so extras would be good.

I don't have a huge amount of Rover stuff to put up for the swap meet, but if you want something specific feel free to ask and it's possible I'll have it.  I do have a parts D1 still mostly complete though I plan to use the fenders and doors as donors for my own truck at some point.  front axle, rear axle, TC, etc still there, minus the passenger side rear shaft.

I have a used set of 33" Cooper STT Pros; 275-70-18.  Also have a set of 5000 lb trailer axles with less than 2k on them and a set of trailer wheels and tires also with less than 2k miles.  Just in case you want to build a trailer project.

If I happen across anything else Friday morning when I'm getting things set up I'll lay it out.

See you guys Saturday!

I am rover-less till mid Oct (my D2 is in the shop) so if I show up in a Jeep Gladiator, no hecklers please.  Jokes aside, hope to make it.  I may have stuff to sell and will post on the other thread stuff for sale.  

Edited by LandRonB

Great event!  Was good to meet people I hadn't before like Renorover and also catch up with friends.  Will see you next at the East Brothers event on the 18th everyone!

9b50edc71f2f9fcec2fe506d5830c824.jpgIf I had

If I had known guests included the Beastie Boys, I would have made it.  Lol.  

Perhaps see some of you @ the East Brothers Beer Co on the 18th.  

The Beastie Boys only make surprise visits now ; )