Best dual battery setup.

Andrew Wood

I've been wanting to install mine. I actually bought everything already except the battery. 

But after seeing Goal Zero  or Jackery etc, I may go that route since it's easier and less headache but I've already bought these that I would be willing to sell if you need them.

VSR KIT

DUAL US with SWITCHES

FUSE BOX

but pls put a photos together if you do your set up. I want to see how people does it on their D2.

Thanks

Facebook is where I can go web wheeling and not brake my Landy.

Hilarious... but true. I prefer the youtubes.... far away from Robo Zuckerberg's gaze.

x2 for posting your build :)

If you still have them up, link your "alternate sources" for reference I'd be interested in exploring these other worlds.  :P

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good Andrew. I’ve gone a different route and found the most powerful and highest energy battery that I could fit into the standard D2 battery tray. I fitted an Odyssey Group 31 into the tray with only minor mods. Standard tray, clamp and battery cover.

45df2b1ba723d0ed9688dddabd74a37f.jpg

I have a DCDC charger with solar input in the back for an auxiliary power supply for the fridge and camping gear. I’m not sure what type of battery I will use there (sealed and deep cycle, obviously).

Looks like there is oodles of clearance for Type 31 in a D2

I literally just got done rebuilding the 110 Battery box. I'd say 5 seconds after the paint was dry I decided I'm starting over.

Couldn't keep stomaching the idea of the Type 31 millimeters from touching the passenger seat bottom. (Even with a rubber mat).

*gets out cut-off wheel*