D90 Stolen in San Francisco....

SplurGn

Boo. I can only assume the thief knew his target.

It’s doubly frustrating to know that most of this focus/targeted theft would be avoided if there were just as many LR/Defenders in the US as there are practically everywhere else.

What I say is this:

More US Defenders = Less Crime.

Make it happen, Land Rover. For the good of our country and crime-free neighborhoods!

Chris, saw the post on d source. Lucky guy. Hope he puts in a bunch of security stuff. 

Wonder what the deal was with the phony ebay sale then?

Yeah, i think that ebay sale was from September... So, possibly he bought the truck then - truck was from TX and his truck is still registered there. Dunno. 

Thats crazy but a defender is like the easiest truck to break into or hot wire. There are mother deterrents on the truck anywhere and a screwdriver is commonly used as a key, lol...

Thats crazy but a defender is like the easiest truck to break into or hot wire. There are mother deterrents on the truck anywhere and a screwdriver is commonly used as a key, lol...

i've unknowingly put in the key half way in only to see it turn and unlock the door. watched 12 year olds stick their skinny little fingers in between the sliding windows and push it open enough to jump in. i'm amazed my OEM radio hasn't been taken.

Keys are a thing of the past ....

Regards,

Graeme

Yes. Much better to come up with a complex, expensive electronic system that can be hacked by the Chinese/Russians/N.Koreans and will only be serviceable by the factory authorized dealer at $200/hr.

Way better than an antique key. How 20th century!

Archived