May MORG

Where and when is this gathering planned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MORGs are always the first Saturday of the each month at 10:00.  Locations vary; this time we're at Hollister.  Meet at the ranger station.  All are welcome, mod'ed or stock, members and prospective members alike.

@DHappel... is there an RSVP page for this MORG?

I see the event in calendar, but no place to RSVP... 

Fixed, you can now correctly RSVP

Almost MORG time.  I'm hoping to try some of the obstacle course I've not been able to do in the LR3 this time.  Those culverts and excavator tires are calling my name...

But not the mud pit.  I've had enough of the mud pit.

Was trying to make it but things just didnt line up.Might do a midweek trip to bald mt soon will post it up if anyone is interested 

Almost MORG time. I'm hoping to try some of the obstacle course I've not been able to do in the LR3 this time. Those culverts and excavator tires are calling my name...

But not the mud pit. I've had enough of the mud pit.

I'm fully expecting to see video!!!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Was trying to make it but things just didnt line up.Might do a midweek trip to bald mt soon will post it up if anyone is interested

What's the snow level like up there??

My cold is getting the better of me... so, I'm out for this month. :(

I'm getting sick too. Have a little bit of a sore throat and my nose is stuffy. Have to fight it off though cuz I'm headed to London in a few days! still trying to make it today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the snow level like up there??

Giving a call to the rangers Monday to find out. Id really like to do another trail but looks like everything going to be closed to mid July

Great day and extra thanks to Jared, Erin, and Don for club leadership and an extra thanks to Will for the spot on the tough section before the tunnel. Also great to meet some new faces!  Final Score -  Hollister Trees 1  /  Roof Rack: 0  If anyone has any good pics I'd love to see some!

I came up short on the photo shoot, of course that's nothing new.

I never did get a good shot at the culverts and tires at the obstacle course.  We met there and did our radio discussion with Jared then broke up to play and no sooner than I turned around I saw everybody heading out to the trails.  OK then...guess we'll head out!

Jared led the crowd and I ran sweep.  I'm not sure he meant to, but he ended up taking some pretty challenging trails.  Of course we had a go at Truck Hill and found it in pretty good if dusty shape.  Note to self:  if you have no roof or windows drive faster than the dust!  I also had to make a run up the gully at the bottom of truck hill - I don't think I've done it without a spotter before.  Michele was not happy with the big Captain Morgan moments - I looked over at one point and she had her eyes clamped tight shut.  

While having lunch at Truck Hill we watched a couple other people go up including a Syncro (it was Syncro-fest so they were out in force) and a really nice looking Merc G-class with a pop-top camper conversion.  Later we took off again and ended up running a bit of the 'challenging' course from last year's Annual.  While sizing up a long loose climb we looked over to 5 Fingers and saw a truck on it's side right at the top.  Will's binoculars came out and we watched from a distance while a couple other rigs righted and pulled to the top the Merc we had seen earlier.  We didn't see how he put it on it's side, but he was very high up and lucky he didn't barrel roll down the whole hill.  The recovery seemed to go smoothly and it looked like relatively minor damage, but no degree of body damage on a Merc is going to come cheap.

We worked our way back down to the bottom of 5 fingers and while the rest of the group was heading for the bathrooms at Sycamore camp I had to take a run up 5 Fingers myself.  It was in good shape and I'm still not sure how the Merc flopped, but big hills are like that...easy right up until something goes wrong.

After that it was air up and head for home.  Nobody broke anything, no recoveries.  Another successful MORG in the books.

Archived