getting unstuck in sand...

I need to experience this myself to see if it's really as good as they claim.  I personally have major questions about it.  You can't create traction - it's there or it isn't.  What does this do differently than a trained foot and a set of lockers?  How is this going to overcome physics?  I think it might help the new guys in stock rigs but just don't see it actually un-beaching a properly stuck vehicle.  

I need to experience this myself to see if it's really as good as they claim. I personally have major questions about it. You can't create traction - it's there or it isn't. What does this do differently than a trained foot and a set of lockers? How is this going to overcome physics? I think it might help the new guys in stock rigs but just don't see it actually un-beaching a properly stuck vehicle.

It looks like the tires do tiny, small, quick turns to push the sand away themselves and essentially do the shoveling. Once it's moved enough of the sand away, the car should have enough traction to go. Right?

Regardless of what it is and how it works, I'd like to get one, but I think the drought last year killed my money tree. Land Rover should also sell a package with the autobiography version that lets you test your vehicle for a couple months in extreme locations. Iceland, Greenland, Sahara desert, Amazon jungle, Africa... I could go on and on.

Is it just me or is the part where the RR gets unstuck in a different area then when it gets high centered and stuck at the beginning of the segment?

It's TV magic!

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of a Defender technique where you gear it all the way down leave it in idle take all weight off including yourself and watch it climb out specific to Saudi type sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived