our friend tim scully

Phil.

Ron and I just came up with the idea of doing an improntu fundraiser at Mexxi's on the 20th instead of Catahoula. I'm sure Ron will post a new thread soon. We gotta be there for Tim.

Join us for lunch and let's do it for Tim: http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/calendar/event/71-land-rover-friends-of-tim-scully-lunch-fundraiser/

Folks, I too just ran across this and with it this link to Tim's YouCaring page.

If you can't wait for make the Mexxi's event, here is another way you can help.  https://www.youcaring.com/tim-scully-486086#.VmtoPj5i-x8.facebook

In it you will see our own Dan Harris and Mike Mc Clung leading the charge from NCLR...  Thanks guys.

Best,

Tom

Folks, I too just ran across this and with it this link to Tim's YouCaring page.

If you can't wait for make the Mexxi's event, here is another way you can help.  https://www.youcaring.com/tim-scully-486086#.VmtoPj5i-x8.facebook

In it you will see our own Dan Harris and Mike Mc Clung leading the charge from NCLR...  Thanks guys.

Best,

Tom

And I saw Nick Tan as well IIRC.  Original goal was 10k, now bumped to 20k and with 89 days left to go...he is at 18K already.  

I have cross posted to Mendo List as well.

With Lesha, and a baby on the way, this has to be even harder...The NCLR fundraiser should be a great way to give back to such a great guy!

For the parts swap, I have a set of 4 used KM2's. They are 255/85/r16 and unmounted. If interested I can post pics of them. They are pretty much only good for spare tires, to test fitment, or used on a rolling chassis. One of them has more shoulder wear than the other three.

Asking $25 for each, or $75 if you take all four off of my hands. I can bring them on Sunday to Mexxi's.

For the parts swap, I have a set of 4 used KM2's. They are 255/85/r16 and unmounted. If interested I can post pics of them. They are pretty much only good for spare tires, to test fitment, or used on a rolling chassis. One of them has more shoulder wear than the other three.

Asking $25 for each, or $75 if you take all four off of my hands. I can bring them on Sunday to Mexxi's.

Brenton, good luck. Nobody wants mine...

I will have a set of four brand new Terra Firma +2" shocks up for sale. They fit a DII.

For those that are attending, could you please give a head count of your group so that we may prepare enough food.

I was thinking of doing a buffet type service and charge $15.00 per person. $10.000 goes to Tim and $5.00 to cover some of Mexxi's food and labor cost.

Is that an okay amount for everyone?

And please bring CASH as this is not a Mexxi's business transaction.  There's an ATM machine next door.

To help you w/the count # guest, we have 11 RSVP (see below) + their add'l guest 3 (from Phil) + 1 (from Don) + 3 (from me).  Sub total of 18. 

Then in Facebook you have Tim's friend Maureen + her guest.  Got a PM for 2 more who wants to be anonymous till Sunday.  Sub total of 4

Grand total of 22 as of Friday Dec. 18 3:32pm. 

Did I miss anyone else?

$15 per person buffet style sounds good!  Sent you a msg if you want to make it $20 w/a drink included.  Save you from making change (even $20) & increases $ donation to Tim.

Will check count again tomorrow.

In addition, folks can also write a check payable to Tim Scully and we can hand them over to his friend Maureen  Should be a nice day for lunch and fundraiser.  Thanks!

Those who registered as of Dec 18:

Update on the food.  Buffet style. $20 per person includes a choice of drink.

The drink is a toast to Tim and his first round of chemo and our positive thoughts and spirit with him towards beating this. 

Choices are: Ron's Lemonade (cold 12oz bottle of Pacifico) for grown-ups; or bottled water or orange soda for the kids.  2nds avail :)

And don't forget to bring any gears you want to swap/sale/trade.  Post details so we know what you have or looking for!

Thanks for donating the beer and Sodas Ron.

Folks, the slight increase to $20.00 now includes the beer and Sodas and the additional $5.00 goes to Tim.

Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas will be one of the items on the menu :)

Add John aka D90MAN + his wife.  Sent me a PM.  He just joined and will be attending the fundraiser this Sunday. 

John is also the After Sales Market Manager for Land Rover Jaguar for Northern California so if anyone just purchased a new Land Rover and has any questions, introduce yourself to John.  Welcome and we look forward to seeing him.

Enrique, this brings to total a 24 attendees

Awesome lunch fundraiser today for Tim.  Some folks came from a long distance; rain or shine, a total of 28 guest showed up including a few kids to support Tim.  And Tim himself and his father-in-law showed up.  Double nice!

Again, thank you for those who attended, and very special thank you to Enrique for hosting the event, hiring a kitchen staff, and preparing wonderful lunch on his day-off.  Love the shrimp ceviche; everything else was great!

By the way, we raised $560 for the lunch which went directly to Tim.  And some folks gave directly to Tim in addition to the lunch fundraiser.  Thanks again everyone!

Tim, we wish you the best; the attached photo of the "welcome" says it all.

post-410-0-85570000-1450664907_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-99155700-1450665647_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-04134500-1450665672_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-79283700-1450665686_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-21004700-1450665698_thumb.jpg

Archived