NCLR : 2015 Pismo Dunes Trip

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Change my status to a "probably." My transfer case blew and I'm not sure if I will have the time to replace it before this trip, due to graduation and all that. :P Hopefully I'll be able to get it done.

I will try and come 2nd/3rd - camp sat night.

CHeers - Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like yet another Pismo trip I'll have to miss...I haven't been able to make it to one yet, I always seem to have some sort of conflict. Weekend of May 9th I could do, but the first weekend is out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Dan you wont be able to make it. If the weather stays like it has been im planing on a Pismo run in January . Everyone that is attending please resvp for event

http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/calendar/event/19-nclr-pismo-dunes-trip/

Lutz,

Since we can't make this one either ... how about setting the January date now? ... my January is getting pretty full already ....

Still free 2nd/3rd, or 16th/17th or 30th/31st.

Graeme

2016....crazy....who can think that far ahead?  Anything more than about 48 hours and I need a planner.  More than a month is just a vague 'sometime' out there in the distance...

2016....crazy....who can think that far ahead?  Anything more than about 48 hours and I need a planner.  More than a month is just a vague 'sometime' out there in the distance...

Shoot, I need one for more than 48 minutes out. It's the unfortunate conditioning of modern conveniences. I've gotten used to just going to whatever meeting or conference room my phone tells me to go to. Feels sort of robotic: phone dings, I read, I obey. If I had to remember everything.......HA.

• 2 weeks later...

Erin & I decided we're going to skip this one (can't take more time off right now) -- we're going to hold down the fort and run the MORG on Saturday the 2nd while we think about all of the beach, sand & fun you'll all have.

Erin & I decided we're going to skip this one (can't take more time off right now) -- we're going to hold down the fort and run the MORG on Saturday the 2nd while we think about all of the beach, sand & fun you'll all have.

Sorry to see you cant make it but there will always be a next time. Time is getting near its always a good idea to make reservations

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/oceano-dunes-svra/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=CA&parkId=120065

Btw the state won its battle with the San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District. :D

Reservations are to get into the park and get a window sticker. There aren't "sites". It is find-a-spot-and-park as long as you're clear from traffic. Lutz gets an area near one of the bathrooms that's worked really well. Easy to get to the action, and nestled up against a wilderness area.

Whoa...had no idea reservations were required!  I thought it was more 'just park wherever...'  Do we have a specific group of sites we're going for?

I'll defer to Lutzi but it's rare for camping to sell out on a non holiday weekend. I have done it both ways before - It makes it easier to breeze through the line and get your window sticker since you are all paid up with a reservation. The Scot in me cringes at paying the 8 dollar reservation "convenience" fee. That being said last year you couldn't get camping for both nights at the same time at the gate. You had to pay for each night on it's own. Is it a hassle? Yeah.. Is that hassle worth almost 1/3 of what I'm paying for camping total? Not to me.. I'll just pay for my second night on the way back through the gate after Garcia..

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder for those considering to attend, this is an official club trip, as it has been for several years, which means that this is open to club members only.  While we understand that this is at an OHV park, a lot of planning and preparation goes into these official club events and your continued support is always appreciated.  Thank you all for being awesome club members and part of the NCLR family.  Have fun at Pismo!

So wish I could be there!  That's two years in a row now that we've missed this trip.

Cheers!

Erin

Archived