Gauging Interest: Shaver Lake Snow Run, Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2015

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I chatted w/ Karen about the firewood thing -- she said that the focus is really around the busier and warmer seasons due to the ability of the bugs to survive in the diseased wood & warm temps but that they would appreciate people purchasing local firewood now as well.

Additionally, she said that they consider the town of Prather and inward 'local' and there should be plenty of firewood available there.

Lastly, we are free to pick up any downed wood around the sites and burn it as well.

-Jared

Just got the call from Karen and have the reservation for site 230 confirmed for the off season special rate of $53. Thanks for doing the legwork Brenton and faxing in the request. Next year will be nice when they finally get the online reservation system up and running.

Also, I chatted w/ Karen about the firewood thing -- she said that the focus is really around the busier and warmer seasons due to the ability of the bugs to survive in the diseased wood & warm temps but that they would appreciate people purchasing local firewood now as well.

Additionally, she said that they consider the town of Prather and inward 'local' and there should be plenty of firewood available there.

Lastly, we are free to pick up any downed wood around the sites and burn it as well.

-Jared

Shall I bring a chain saw just in case?

Got my call this afternoon. Although my wife never put my bank card back in my wallet -____- paying in the morning

Super excited. Things are starting to look up right now. Disco is going to be running tonight FINALLY, Me and Paul sorted our issues and it looks like we will be extending the lease and trying to make this work, anddddd I get to make it to Shaver!

Got my call this afternoon. Although my wife never put my bank card back in my wallet -____- paying in the morning

Super excited. Things are starting to look up right now. Disco is going to be running tonight FINALLY, Me and Paul sorted our issues and it looks like we will be extending the lease and trying to make this work, anddddd I get to make it to Shaver!

Talk about a total turn of events (in the right way)... how did you get the Disco back up and running with that stuck part?

-Jared

Man..... I can't believe this year, I'm excited for you guys. I really want to go. And knowing the conditions will be great.

I think it's going to be a good run too. We'll miss you and your laser light show at camp...

-Jared

Finally got my schedule together it turns out that I will be able to make it. Is there still room or do I need to reserve a spot?

Oh and I will be bringing my kids along this year as well. (My 8 year old is upset she missed the annual event and did not get to drive!)

Well guys I may have a problem. Today haha inform me that the rack that was supposed to be ready next week is not going to ship until Jan 30th. I know they have some in production but they tell me they are already allocated. I've been pleading with them to let me have one as they originally promised me next week before they change their mind to the end of this month. If anyone has a brother or sister that works for Baja please tell them to ship me my rack ;)

Hauling the RV-5 without a rack will require some creative packing. Maybe with one of the rear seats folded down and the tent angled it will fit?

If not, I'd bet one of us could put it on our truck and carry it up for you.

I might have two trucks, so I should probably reserve a spot. What info do you need Brenton?

I am definitely in with my Discovery(3" lift, 32" tires, 9000lb Winch) My buddy is a maybe (97 Jeep Wrangler 31" All Terrain Tires).

I am not going to have a trailer or anything too big, just those Cabelas tent cots.

Whoops! Just found out dad signed in on my computer.

-Tyler

Not anymore. Back down to one vehicle. I can pay whoever I double up with for 1/2 a campsite.

I'll take you on that request, but only if my tent trailer can also fit on that site too.

Also waiting for Camp Edison to call me.

Archived