Extreme off-road Range Rover SVO is in the works

Phil.

I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure that 'prototype' is just a photo-hack based on the previous gen G4 trucks' styling. I doubt I'd be buying any limited edition Rovers new, but the availability of parts is always a good thing. Plus it might inspire third-party options as well.

Thanks for the post -- glad to hear they are using that new SVO group for more than a bunch of HIPO Rangies and Jags...

I especially like:

Edwards told us every Land Rover has outstanding off-road performance, but it’s about making that performance “useable” and the cars “abusable rather than too precious”.

Bingo. Although this statement:

"There really are people who want to use the car for what it’s designed for.”

He seems surprised at this idea.

-Jared

• 4 weeks later...

On my P38, the bull bar, winch, roof rack, rear ladder, steering/front diff guard are all factory LR parts. They continued to make a winch tray for the L322 but only the first few years. Hope they bring some of these back.

The pic is probably photoshopped as stated but they did some nice outfitting on the hybrid versions they were testing and drove the Silk Trail last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/land-rover/10260244/Range-Rover-Hybrid-revealed.html

Archived