Lost Coast Trip November 2014

Yes leading the bay area group friday. I am planning on being at my dad's house in Oakland at 9am with planned departure from there at 10am. Gives us 4 hours to make a 3ish hour trip so we won't have to hurry. We can all rally there, it's just off hwy13 by the Mormon temple or somewhere else. I'll look at options tonight.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be coming from the Sacramento area as will a few others - perhaps we should hook up and then meet you guys en-route?

From my place to Ft. Bragg (a convenient waypoint for doing the math) it's about the same whether I go up 5 and cut over on 20 at Williams, or come south and take 12-37-101.

Anybody else in the Sac area have an opinion? Rupert, will you be coming down to 20 or going across on 36?

Hi Chris,

Probably NOT fuel pump on the RRC... My fuel pump failure started with a total lack of acceleration under full pedal, then a rough and stalling idle.

There would have have been some sign of weakness before it went out.

This sounds like an electrical failure to me. Check for spark...!

--Paul

Michelle and I are attempting to be there for Group A, even though we are driving up from Paso Robles... Thinking about staying at a B & B in Petaluma or ??? Thursday night... Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Paul

OK back on topic. So we can rally up with everyone at Laytonville as Ron suggests in his first post. I say we keep this for the big meet up and the smaller tribes can meet up closer to their respective homes and then we can have a big ole tribe meet up in Laytonville. Then roll into Usal road and show them what's up! im working on an old pc laptop, it's making me sick just touching it and it's cold, heartless black keys, no back lit keyboard, no fast internet, no fast processor..ugh. first world problems here. tomorrow i get my macbook pro back and I will be all over the internet and this post.

I'll post my own list of peeps for group A and B on mon. Individual smaller factions can make their own arrangements as to how they caravan to laytonville. I will be leaving my folks house at 3491 robinson dr oakland 94602 at 10am friday. Plan to rally with Sean at the joaquin miller off ramp on hwy 13 (my folks live at the top of a big hill, no need to stress the trucks early). Anyone else is welcome. More to follow.

Thanks Paul!

Ron, IF my Rover Friend that is not a club member comes he might have to do the Group B/Saturday drive which also means Elizabeth can come along!

Sounds like a plan; I can PM my cell to you so your friend and Elizabeth, and I can caravan together Saturday morning; will give them a private tour of the Lost Coast and meet the rest of the group at Camp Nadelos for Saturday night camping.

Does your friend or Elizabeth have a ham radio?

And Folks, bring firewood; it will be cold Friday and Saturday night.

And thanks Chris, and RGB for leading and being trail gunner for Group A Friday. I will take our small group B Saturday. Camp for Saturday is paid and will just divide the $85 based on # of vehicles.

Camping for Friday is pay/self-service (bring exact change)(see page 1 of this thread for details); and remember if group A turns out to be 9 or less, you all can camp at Usal Beach otherwise there a camp ground before the bridge that can hold 20+ vehicles: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/arcata/kingrange/sinkyone_wilderness.html

I will be at Justin BBQ tomorrow if anyone wants to discuss the trip. C yah!

Hi Ron and friends,

Michelle are forced to withdraw from this trip. I have to be in Rancho Cucamonga for a class on Monday, the 17th @ 8:00 AM...

Hate it...!

Anyway, have fun. Someone can take our spot.

--Paul

Sounds like a plan; I can PM my cell to you so your friend and Elizabeth, and I can caravan together Saturday morning; will give them a private tour of the Lost Coast and meet the rest of the group at Camp Nadelos for Saturday night camping.

Does your friend or Elizabeth have a ham radio?

And Folks, bring firewood; it will be cold Friday and Saturday night.

And thanks Chris, and RGB for leading and being trail gunner for Group A Friday. I will take our small group B Saturday. Camp for Saturday is paid and will just divide the $85 based on # of vehicles.

Camping for Friday is pay/self-service (bring exact change)(see page 1 of this thread for details); and remember if group A turns out to be 9 or less, you all can camp at Usal Beach otherwise there a camp ground before the bridge that can hold 20+ vehicles: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/arcata/kingrange/sinkyone_wilderness.html

I will be at Justin BBQ tomorrow if anyone wants to discuss the trip. C yah!

It is still in the air if they are going to make it but if they can Elizabeth will have one of my Handheald's

Ron, please add me to the confirmed list for Friday (Am) group. I'll coordinate with Sean on leaving the south bay and meet up with family Solis in Oakland to join the caravan. I'm Really looking to this trip and exploring the North coast with this great group!! Thanks

OK so as best as I can tell, here is the updated list of people going, when they are going, and where they are meeting.

Group A

Chris, Rox, Ron, Daniel

Sean

Tom Owen

Jared & Erin

Rob and Tracy

Alyson

Martin and Amy

Robb and Grace

Don and Michele

Anudeep and Nikhila

Todd from Tepui