Death Valley 2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm heading out fri and actually I think I am going to head to truckee thurs night and stay at my cousin's cabin there. Then a short drive to Reno and meet up with everyone. Since I am super slow up the big hill that would take the pressure off of me trying to make a meet up. Coming home shouldn't be an issue as it is down hill :)

I'm heading out fri and actually I think I am going to head to truckee thurs night and stay at my cousin's cabin there. hen a short drive to Reno and meet up with everyone. Since I am super slow up the big hill that would take the pressure off of me trying to make a meet up. Coming home shouldn't be an issue as it is down hill :)

I'm going to try and start the planning process now that things are getting closer. Does anyone know if there is a meeting of the members coming up, or should we just set up a call for the drivers information and planning session? If we all picked a time to go to Mexxi's, would there be an easy way for us to do it in a way that people could join via Conference call?

The Meeting of the Members won't take place until May, but I'd be down for a Mexxi's rendezvous to go over trip planning and details.

Ok -- I'll start thinking about when we could do that. Just need Enrique to weigh in on the speaker phone situation. We've got out of towners coming too...

we can do it on any sunday. no catering gigs scheduled for any sunday so far (except for the superbowl :) ) we have wi-fi but the speakerphone...not too good, but if anyone has a decent one, bring it and just plug it in.

Ok I'll jump in the DV fun. Me, Roz, and 2 boys. One LR vehicle.

Last year we went solo and enjoyed our trip to DV; still has many more places to explore. Look forward to this trip.

Ron you have to bring the CT (although I just saw the thread about selling it again, wish I could buy it, wife would seriously just leave me). Shayne (The Rover Shop on Expo) will be in the area with his CT110 and might meet up with us. It would be cool to have 3 CT110's in one place.

Ron you have to bring the CT (although I just saw the thread about selling it again, wish I could buy it, wife would seriously just leave me). Shayne (The Rover Shop on Expo) will be in the area with his CT110 and might meet up with us. It would be cool to have 3 CT110's in one place.

I Have a solution...I'll do Ron the favor of driving the CT for him-lol Hopefully someone here will keep it in the family. Good luck with the sale Ron

If I still have it around the DV time, may take it on the trip.

Let me know when Shayne will be in the Bay Area; be great to see the CTs together and get to know Shayne.

And do yourself a favor, don't get another LR. Keep your CT as your only trail vehicle. When I first got my CT, took it to Oregon, Shaver Lake both winter and summer trips....

Then I bought the RRC; then the CT ended-up taking a back seat just as a touring vehicle, and not as a designated trail vehicle anymore to avoid any potential damage.

The RRC is an easy choice (damage it/not a big deal) and got used more and more on the trails...

And I also have the 04 DII which I realize is a practical keeper for camping/overlanding; pulled it out and not for sale anymore.

Figured to be good for someone else to own the CT and take it more on the trails.

I Have a solution...I'll do Ron the favor of driving the CT for him-lol Hopefully someone here will keep it in the family. Good luck with the sale Ron

The CT would be perfect for Costa Rica (keep that in mind)(smile). Road trip. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Should I bring the big shade structure? This is the 10'x20' setup I had at the Annual Event. If we're hanging around camp at Gold Point and Bob & Ward's it could be worth bringing. If we're driving and exploring other areas during those days, and only returning to camp in time for dinner I'll probably keep it at home. It packs pretty well given its size, but it takes about 45 minutes for the setup or tear down with a couple of people.

I would probably leave it at home. The past couple of years we are driving/exploring most of the day. Some folks have awnings as well. We will breaking camp pretty regularly.

Archived