Death Valley 2013

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok -- I'm thinking of starting out at the Sherrif's place -- doing some runs in Northern Nevada (outside the park) --then on the back half heading to Scotty's -- then doing Chloride Cliffs & Inyo Pass again -- and cutting across Warm Springs Canyon via Striped Butte -- heading down and over Goler Wash to exit...still need to figure out if there'd be enough time to exit via Lippencott or Steele...

Cerro Gordo sounds fun too. My biggest worry is snow that time of year, so we will need to stay flexible and hope for a dry winter.

I need a month to hit everywhere I want to go.

• 1 month later...

Excited about the trip. Nathan, I will probably be bringing JT, my 4yo son, who loved playing in the mud and dirt with Gryphon at the Aug MORG.

Rob brought this excellent article to my attention today. Death Valley reclaims the title!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/science/earth/death-valley-temperature-record-is-restored.html?_r=1&

Ok! that's great as he will have someone to hang out with now.

Excited about the trip. Nathan, I will probably be bringing JT, my 4yo son, who loved playing in the mud and dirt with Gryphon at the Aug MORG.

On the fence whether to bring my new well set up for offroad 2 door Jeep Rubicon or my not well setup 95 4.6 equipped LWB 25th

Perhaps I should do a POLL????? ha ha!

What about the L322?? It needs to get dirty too. SOLD

Really, you are thinking about brining a jeep to a rover event???@#!??

I know weird and for me especially seeing as I have been into Rovers my entire life but it was a trade in @ work and I love the look of the JK so that is currently my offroader until I become sick of it.

It is not just the Vehicles @ NCLR it is the friendships gained too.:)

whoah! the thought of joining a local Jeep club is daunting!

No rover no friendship

Kidding of course. I'm just hoping my rig is A: put back together and B: survives some shakedown trips as I have not been all that fortunate in surviving these trips :)

It is not just the Vehicles @ NCLR it is the friendships gained too.:)

Jeep. What a surprise! It's like Piers Morgan buying a handgun; total surprise; lol - j.k.

Sure you are welcome to bring the Jeep; will just put you at the far end of group photos - easy to crop. J/k again.

Am just about to pull the trigger on a new Warn Zeon Winch but do not want to burn it up pulling you guys out (ring a bell Ron?)

We've done two of the most difficult trails in California in a group together (excellent trips by the way and great spotting Nathan): Dusy, and Rubicon Trail.

I don't recall you burning a winch; jog my memory. Was it @ the Dusy Thompson Hill, or Rubicon Buck Island Lake area or perhaps Cadillac Hill?

Archived