New Rover!

Nick

Just picked it up yesterday - still feeling like a kid in a candy store right now. '95 LWB with ~104k miles.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268847_872782100513_201627_40256806_2227118_n.jpg

Mark - thanks for stopping to say hi earlier today - would be interested in your roof rack!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice! So, I hate to ask, but good deal? Wonder what the market price is for these now. If you change to steel wheels, make sure to save those stockers. I actually am looking for one as I have a bent one, but a set is pretty hard to find I guess...

Now, to make me cry, how does the interior look? I love my 95 and hate it too...Door card has a gash, dash issues etc...annoying that there are NO interchangable parts with anything other than the 95....

So, more pics. More story and congrats!

Looks nice! So, I hate to ask, but good deal? Wonder what the market price is for these now. If you change to steel wheels, make sure to save those stockers. I actually am looking for one as I have a bent one, but a set is pretty hard to find I guess...

Now, to make me cry, how does the interior look? I love my 95 and hate it too...Door card has a gash, dash issues etc...annoying that there are NO interchangable parts with anything other than the 95....

So, more pics. More story and congrats!

Thanks! Really good deal on this one, considering how the market for RRCs (particularly the '95s) seem to keep going up and how scarce the well-taken care off ones are. I've always wanted one of these but was never feasible given that I live in the city and it's hard to deal with parking with multiple cars. Then this one came along (actually bought it from my service advisor over at LR Marin) and after much consideration I just couldn't pass it up.

The interior is in very good condition considering the age / mileage, but could use a thorough going over. The wood in the center has some cracks, but nothing unexpected. Sunroof works, heated/power seats work, air suspension works (replaced not long ago), no meaningful rust, engine looks great, but will probably have to get the steering / bushings looked at / replaced. Making a list of things that need to be looked at (very short) and a list of mods that are coming (much bigger).

And if anyone needs a set of tires (not sure what they are) I'll be replacing them, so feel free to make a really low offer (tires still have plenty of tread on them, and think they're stock size).

A few more pictures below:

P1000638.JPG

P1000641.JPG

P1000642.JPG

P1000647.JPG

nice find. I would love to take a ride one time...in all my rover time, I still have not ridden in a classic ever with air still intact...I always have wondered what I was missing....

I don't need tires, need the rims....so if they are to be replaced as well, let me know as I'd like to be on the short list to buy them...

What mods are you talking about? I have found that the coil swap and some diff guards have taken me many miles..... Is this thing going stock, mild or wild..

nice find. I would love to take a ride one time...in all my rover time, I still have not ridden in a classic ever with air still intact...I always have wondered what I was missing....

I don't need tires, need the rims....so if they are to be replaced as well, let me know as I'd like to be on the short list to buy them...

What mods are you talking about? I have found that the coil swap and some diff guards have taken me many miles..... Is this thing going stock, mild or wild..

TBD... it's very different from my 2010, that's for sure. Mods won't be too major - new front bumper, new H4 headlamps (just drove it for the first time in the dark tonight - the stock ones are terrible), new driveshaft, new steering pump (guess that's not a mod - just a need-to-do), mild 2" lift, some GY MT/R Kevlars, sliders, skid plate, diff guards, and possibly an LT230 for now. Still really though to do these mods, as I love the way it looks, but I'll just keep telling myself these are all functional upgrades.

Did I mention how much I love driving this thing?

Well...I think those are good mods. I still want a ride while it is full squish air though.....If mine was in as nice a condition (+100k on the motor alone) I would say we could trade and then I could have the air ride.... but my lwb has not been bad.

I have a 2" lift on mine (a bit rough on road, but once loaded, plushy), Goodyear Silent Armour tires on the stock rims, stock RRC roof rack, QT diff guards front and rear and side steps....has been great for snow, Death Valley and west coast trips....

Sliders would be a great thing..I was going to remove the side steps and do sliders at one time....but never got around to it. If you take off the air dam (under that bumper) let me know...I may be able to quickly find you a buyer for that piece....

I should do the new headlights (yes, they blow) and was going to move my GDE bumper over to the LWB (even have the skidplate ready) but like the "stock look" so much as well...... and an LT230 is in my list just so I don't have to deal with that viscous clutch failing again....ugh.

Well...I think those are good mods. I still want a ride while it is full squish air though.....If mine was in as nice a condition (+100k on the motor alone) I would say we could trade and then I could have the air ride.... but my lwb has not been bad.

I have a 2" lift on mine (a bit rough on road, but once loaded, plushy), Goodyear Silent Armour tires on the stock rims, stock RRC roof rack, QT diff guards front and rear and side steps....has been great for snow, Death Valley and west coast trips....

Sliders would be a great thing..I was going to remove the side steps and do sliders at one time....but never got around to it. If you take off the air dam (under that bumper) let me know...I may be able to quickly find you a buyer for that piece....

I should do the new headlights (yes, they blow) and was going to move my GDE bumper over to the LWB (even have the skidplate ready) but like the "stock look" so much as well...... and an LT230 is in my list just so I don't have to deal with that viscous clutch failing again....ugh.

Where are you? Not sure when I'll be doing my mods but more than happy to let you try it out. I'll be taking the air dam off so will let you know when I do.

Once work on the truck starts, I'll let you all know what parts I'll have - won't be for around a month, as new parts are getting ordered. Will have at least the front air dam (broken lens on one of the fog lights), both front corner lenses, and 3 matching tires (and 1 "other").

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's the other one! 1991 RRC Hunter - no sunroof, cloth seats, Eastnor Green. Came with a ~2" lift, highly-corroded wheels, a bunch of random parts. Took the side steps off, new headlights (Hella H4s), powdercoated the wheels, and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (215/85R16). The 3.9 is surprisingly peppy and I haven't found any leaks yet.

The Duratracs are pretty good - surprisingly quiet, grippy,

P1010414.JPG

P1010417.JPG

P1010418.JPG

P1010422.JPG

Here's a guy I like, one that's not afraid of running out of parking spaces :)

Some of my office mates are questioning my sanity, with 3 Rovers... I'll get a good shot once they're all back together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived