New Rover!

Nick

What kind of rims and slider are on the truck. I have a 2000 DII that i need sliders and steel wheels for any direction to look for me.

Rims are these at AB: http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ANR4583PM.cfm

Sliders are Rovertym: http://www.rovertym.com/

Sliders did their job this weekend. Good stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I hear, when not buying your own you get out and help others bring LWB's home. BTW, don't know if you saw me Nick, but I saw you exiting WB 580 this afternoon. How can one miss a white MKIV RR with lights, rack and tire on top? Went looking for you, but no idea where you went off to..

From what I hear, when not buying your own you get out and help others bring LWB's home. BTW, don't know if you saw me Nick, but I saw you exiting WB 580 this afternoon. How can one miss a white MKIV RR with lights, rack and tire on top? Went looking for you, but no idea where you went off to..

Hilarious :) Just spreading the LWB love... although we should talk RRCs soon. Might have a dilemma that needs to get resolved.

When you saw me, I think I went to stop by the LR Livermore dealership to check out the Evoques and see what they were all about.

I didn't check the LR Dealer, it has a reputation for not being friendly to older trucks.... dang, would have liked to catch up and say hi. So, did you buy one? HaHa.

As I understand, you may in fact have a dilema I hear. All problems can get resolved....

Think I got a good sense of direction from looking / playing around with the Evoque. Definitely not my cup of tea, but can see why people would like it.

Will you be at Catahoula next weekend? We can catch up then. Or if you'll be in Mtn View Friday morning...

• 1 month later...

Just "lifted" the 2010 using Johnson rods, which was stated to give ~2" lift. Was a little concerned about having such a "big" lift, but I actually like it. The ride is still very nice at standard height (considering it's now at a little above where offroad height was prior to the lift). Obviously a little more swaying and lean, but nothing you don't get used to, and still wonderful on the highway.

Now I might have to move up in tire size... problem is the Cooper LTZs seem to be as aggressive as you can go on the 20" rims (275/60R20 = ~33"). The Duratracs only become available at 275/65R20 = ~34". Suggestions?

New offroad height:

IMG_20120119_112528.jpg

IMG_20120119_112332.jpg

IMG_20120119_112319.jpg

New standard height:

IMG_20120119_112232.jpg

Measurements to top of wheel arches (not completely accurate/precise as I was in a rush):

Offroad (before)

LF: ~35.5"

LR: ~34.25"

Offroad (after)

LF: 37.25"

LR: 36"

RF: 37.5"

RR: 36"

Normal (after)

LF: 36.5"

LR: 35"

RF: 36"

RR: 35"

Access (after)

LF: 35"

LR: 33.25"

RF: 34.5"

RR: 33"

Hope this helps anyone else who's thinking of lifting their Mk3!

Aww, no Sasquatch rods from a fellow member? Look on LRRForums for some of Luis' (jantiz) posts about tires.

I don't think he makes them for the fullsize RR (rods are different between LR3/LR4/RRS and fullsize). Luis has posted mostly about tires for 18" and smaller rim sizes (from what I could find)... unfortunately I'm stuck with the 20s. If 18s were an option I'd likely go with either the Goodyear Kevlar MTRs or the Cooper STTs which I have sitting around.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blue Top is a decent battery, I used to have one in my D2. Once I got the winch it was replaced with a Sears PM-1.

If you get the Blue Top:

You need the riser, otherwise the ground cable won't reach the terminal.

You need to trim the battery strap. It's about as wide as the aux terminal posts, and could short the battery if it makes contact.

If you get the PM-1:

You need to extend the ground cable by ~2".

Or just make a new one, which is probably easier.

post-73-142414658081_thumb.jpg

post-73-142414658088_thumb.jpg

I'm currnetly running the DieHard PM1 as well. Like the fact that if it goes down somewhere( aka bad alternator), if there is a Sears nearby, no prob on a replacement to keep me going.

The only concern I have is that Sears may very well go belly up this year :(

Rims still have mud on them... that Rover is currently FWD!!

Did you break something? And that's funny that your rim was the only thing that looks like it's yellow (aka muddy)LOL

• 1 month later...
How much lift and what is the tire size on the wht rvr? Looks perfect! Pedram, as soon as this Jeep sells, I'll hit you up for that bumper project.

Dino

Thanks Dino. 2" RTE heavy duty lift with 235/85R16 GY MT/R Wrangler Kevlar tires.

Archived