New Sheriff coming to town

Gotrovr

There will be a new sheriff in town hopefully by Friday of next week.

I couldn't pass up this fully loaded CPO 2005 LR3 HSE with HD and Tow packages, DVD player, and 24 month 24k mile Land Rover Assured extended warranty. Only problem is that I happened to find it on the other end of the earth. Tony can't wait to get his hands on it to check it out. ;)

Now taking suggestions for MOD's

My tenative wish list is as follows

1) 19inch MTR's or switch to 18inch wheels and go with Cooper LTZ's

2) Under Body protection and sliders are a must

3) Roof rack, gotta have a rack, Genuine LR G4 or ______________

4) LR A frame winch capable bumper to save weight or go Safarigard like JZ

5) Winch, Warn 9500 or similar with synthetic line

6) Lights, gotta light up the night. Probably 2 or 3 large HID on bumper with 4 smaller on rack

7) Iphone/Ipod/Navigation Screen/DVD Player Integration, Tony is working on a prototype

8) Swing away rear tire carrier with matching spare

9) ARB or Engle Fridge

10) Dual battery setup probably to coincide with the winch addition

11) Tent cot or Roof Top Tent ???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!

Go for 18s - more sidewalls

Sliders a must - break the LR3 in and come to the Return to Shaver Lake trip.

Might want to talk to Enrique; he had a rack for the LR3 and can share this exp. And ask DBregman.

SG - we will be getting club discount!

SG - talk to Casey about Superwinch - we get club discount!

6) Lights, gotta light up the night. Probably 2 or 3 large HID on bumper with 4 smaller on rack

Dbregman is running Light Force.

7) Iphone/Ipod/Navigation Screen/DVD Player Integration, Tony is working on a prototype

Cool!

Yes

9) ARB or Engle Fridge

Either

Yes

Depends. Roof top tent if w/family. Tent cot if solo. Both.

Also stickers avail e.g. tread lightly, Mountain Hardwear, and now SG coming soon.

There will be a new sheriff in town hopefully by Friday of next week.

I couldn't pass up this fully loaded CPO 2005 LR3 HSE with HD and Tow packages, DVD player, and 24 month 24k mile Land Rover Assured extended warranty. Only problem is that I happened to find it on the other end of the earth. Tony can't wait to get his hands on it to check it out. ;)

Now taking suggestions for MOD's

My tenative wish list is as follows

9) ARB or Engle Fridge

Congratulations Will!!!! Hope you get her soon. How about being the first in our circle by going with a hidden winch mount! Almost wish I went that route. Can't wait to see it! :cool:

I can wait to see it either, you don't know how bad I want(ed) an LR3, Tony knows... Him and I were having a quiet competition to see who could find the best deal. He won of course, but in the end we both got what we wanted.

As for the hidden winch, I like the idea, clean looking, but only if I was going naked that is without an after market front bumper, also I would question the lack of accessibility if a bind or jamb or something would happen and you know it would happen, Murphy's Law

Something I want to keep to a minimum is the added weight associated with piling on lots of accessories.

GREAT For you Will. Lots of fun to modify.

Look I agree with most of what you're looking for. i have the iPod from LR and it's cool but I saw Coy from Safari Gard He has a ripper set up, integrates everything and then some. i don'tknow what it is but He'll sure be happy to tell you about it.

Also talk directly to Casey at SG they have some very cool stuff happening for the LR3.

Skids for sure the gas tank alone will cost you 3k if it gets buggered and it sits below the frame.

My personal suggestions are go as light as you can, steel bumpers sort of are a must in the end. The Bi Xenon lights are like 1600 bucks so the brush bar is kinda important. It also improves approach. LR has that brush bar thingy which sits about 2mm from the rig and will surely damage the car when it's hit.

I know SG are working on a rear bumper, I'd like to see it as it is lower profile and improves departure. The kaymar bumper does not finish off nicely unless you install the plastic LR Mudflaps which will last 2 minutes.

Winch I went light as possible the EP9, superwinch with Synth line.

Skids I have searched out and have all the info on. happy to share it with ya. basically if you are cool with Aluminum then the Rasta set up is cool, covers quite a bit and it wil get scuffed up for sure. Otherwise the options are limited, HiCountry and ASFIR both I have opinions on. SG should be getting somewhere soon and I don't know what Rovertym Really have. Rover specialties is hard to get ahold of for anything LR3 but Adam from Off Roving is a great help with the Sliders - A must.

The lift is cool for sure.

Rack and all the rest is pretty much like you say.

If you're at the MORG I'd be happy to give you some opinions in person. Plus you can see the bumper and skids in person.

Hey by the way I have a bunch of SG Stickers and someone from the club should take them off my hands.

Cool stuff Will

Cheers

Hey by the way if you do weigh it down, which there is plenty of free wieght to play with - the rig is over 6000 pounds with what your alrready talking it'll reach 7,000 pounds easy and has a GVW of 7200pounds or something. But what you can do is the cat back exhaust or something to that affect. Any extra wheight that would slow you down going up a hill, say truck hill, would be offset with the few extra Horse power you pick up.

Pardon for all my spelling mistakes. My bloody keybboard sticks....

JZ,

I'm confident SG makes great stuff, my D1 is a rolling advertisement, front and rear bumpers with skids and diff guards, 3 link suspension......

I'm thinking of aluminum under body for weight bias so Rasta is on front burner for now. I noticed your SG front bumper lacks fog lights like RTE. Yes I plan to roll out my LR3 at the next MORG for sure, possibly at the MOM at Mexxi's on the 23rd, but not if it doesn't arrive from South Carolina by then.....

No convincing me regarding the LR3's capabilities, simply anihilated any competition by being the only truck to make it up Truck Hill at last April MORG.

Great Stuff. I thgink the Rasta gear is the way to go, also alot less headache. But if you are going for a bumper than you won't need the skid under the bumper. Also SG have made a prototype bumper with fog lights, I think they are testing the strength before release. I may switch mine out for that one.

Hey when you get your LR3 CHECK THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE REAR GAS STRUT IN, as per Luis's suggestion. Mine was loose also and if it drops into the body, it's a pain.

very nice, mr. president! have you told Shrek yet? might want to consider some pre-emptive counseling for the old dude.

hope to see it in person in June.

Yeeeeaaaaaaa...... I don't think that will be necessary........

But if it was possible and if I could, I bet you would like me to say something like.... Shrek, see this silver shiny stallion, let me introduce "Donkey"

Mental note, make sure to ask Mark's wife if he is current with his medications......

Yeeeeaaaaaaa...... I don't think that will be necessary........

But if it was possible and if I could, I bet you would like me to say something like.... Shrek, see this silver shiny stallion, let me introduce "Donkey"

Mental note, make sure to ask Mark's wife if he is current with his medications......

now that's funny right there!

• 2 weeks later...
Bring it and we can play I'll show you how to dismantle the dash, it all snaps apart anyway. Just kidding though. Look stock and all that thing will do everything. it'll climb the hill better than mine I bet, less weight, easy.

JZ

I would guess that at this point you would have to paralize him from the neck down to keep him from taking the new girl out to play and even then, he'd probably just get someone to drive it for him :D

What will be nice is that if it's still riding on stock tires we'd have a nice even point of reference to compare our traction findings to.

I'm pleased to announce the arrival of my '05 LR3 HSE

Too late for pics, 9:15PM

But we're ready for the MORG

I gave it a once over looksy underbelly, and wow very clean, never driven off road...., no rust anywhere, very little oil residue.... I'm very pleased so far....

Too late for pics, 9:15PM.

Will, it's called a FLASH, you must own one? Don't you have access to construction equipment? How about some task work lights?

Come on man, you know you are camped next to it in the garage/driveway..share!:D

Archived