New Sheriff coming to town

Gotrovr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pleased to announce the arrival of my '05 LR3 HSE

Too late for pics, 9:15PM

But we're ready for the MORG

I gave it a once over looksy underbelly, and wow very clean, never driven off road...., no rust anywhere, very little oil residue.... I'm very pleased so far....

Congrats! Nice!

Did you sleep in it last night? :D

Let the build-up begin. And thanks Will for helping stimulate this economy. :D

Might see you @ the MORG if I get the front 3rd install wrapped up.

Congrats, Will! I can only imagine if it had been me, I probably WOULD have slept in it :D after waiting for it this long! I do have to admit it's gonna feel a little weird watching Will driving an LR3 after seeing him on Shreck for so long.

I remember when I first joined the club with the LR3 (at the time brand new) I think I was one of the very few LR3 owners in NCLR. I remember probably two other LR3s, Dave's and Gary's. Felt sort of sorrounded by an ocean of Discos. With the prices of a used LR3 dropping drastically, and the different mods widely available with even more in the works for release very soon, the numbers are slowly reversing :eek::cool: It does sound like we'll even probably have majority at this coming MORG which will be a first for any NCLR gathering that I can recall.

The biggest, and arguably only drawback of the LR3 has always been the lack of real clearance, mainly affecting directly the long overhang of the rear bumper and the inability to fit serious rubber under it. But with Dave's rods we now have not only a great solution but a cheap one as well. When was the last time anyone lifted a rover for around a couple hundred bucks with brand new parts and in under 10 minutes?

We are now clear in the realm of 32" tires and 33's are attainable with some very minor trimming. I can only guess that the day of the LR3s being the daily driver and ocassionaly the mild trail rig are all but over. Welcome to the new era were the LR3 being the serious trail rig is common place. I always knew this day was coming. I'm only glad to see it here finnaly ;) Just in time to buy a second one :cool:

See you all at the MORG!

My goal is to get this LR3 into expedition shape by June 17th

1) RS II slim line sliders purchased and in route

2) 18" ten spoke wheels (Purchase Pending)

3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder (Purchase Pending)

4) Dura Trac tires (plan on ordering 5 of these 275/65-18 on Monday from my local supplier on corporate account)

5) Sasquatch Rods (Purchased, to be delivered and paid for at June MORG)

My goal is to get this LR3 into expedition shape by June 17th

1) RS II slim line sliders purchased and in route

2) 18" ten spoke wheels (Purchase Pending)

3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder (Purchase Pending)

4) Dura Trac tires (plan on ordering 5 of these 275/65-18 on Monday from my local supplier on corporate account)

5) Sasquatch Rods (Purchased, to be delivered and paid for at June MORG)

Damn,

The man has a plan.. and I've only been playing with the electronics.. he he :o

My LR3 is currently at Cerrones to exterminate a few minor bugs under warranty :)

1) RS II slim line sliders in possession (Cerrones to install)

2) 4 black powder coated 18" ten spoke wheels in possession

3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder in possession

4) Requested price quote from corporate supplier for GY Dura Tracs in 275/65-18 and Cooper Zeon LTZ in 285/60-18

5) Sasquatch Rods in possession

6) One 18" ten spoke wheel (spare) in route from AZ and upon arrival will go straight to local paint shop for powder coating

My LR3 is currently at Cerrones to exterminate a few minor bugs under warranty :)

1) RS II slim line sliders in possession (Cerrones to install)

2) 4 black powder coated 18" ten spoke wheels in possession

3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder in possession

4) Requested price quote from corporate supplier for GY Dura Tracs in 275/65-18 and Cooper Zeon LTZ in 285/60-18

5) Sasquatch Rods in possession

6) One 18" ten spoke wheel (spare) in route from AZ and upon arrival will go straight to local paint shop for powder coating

I am seriously a slacker. I got my LR3 9 months ago and I have only done the family friendly mods. Dog guard, G4 rack, tow hitch for the Swing Daddy bike rack, rubber mats in all three rows and rear load space mat. I am running new toyo tires that the dealer put on before I bought it. I sipped them and they seems to be good rain and light snow tires, but I am concerned that I will just shred these tires on the trail. Will, I like your list. I look forward to seeing your LR3 join the ranks of the trail ready. I hope to join you guys by next season.

-Jarrod

• 4 weeks later...
Man! That looks Killer!! The height looks perfect. I liked the shot of the stock vs. new shoes shot from the rear. How did the rod install go? 12mm? What a transformation :cool::cool::cool:

10 mm and it took me all of 15 minutes, once I figured out how to remove the stock rods, it was all down hill from there. I made sure both pairs were EXACTLY the same measurement and 10mm shorter than stock

I'm really impressed with the powder coating..... ;)

I even went to purchase new center caps in black LR logo

Archived