New Sheriff coming to town

Gotrovr

Who did the PC and how much?

"Body by Hank" in Watsonville (extreme custom paint/body shop)

they actually outsourced to another custom shop that specializes in PC

I'm talking these wheels are now like 1st place car show quality. I had too only because when I originally brought them home from the CL purchase, my wife said " your not going to keep these are you, look at the bubbling and the paint looks horrible, I would buy new ones, these look like crap"

so I pony'd up $100 per wheel which included stripping of old PO ******up powder job

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice, mr. president, very nice. there will be no mistaking your LR3 in town, that's for sure. i don't think the other SC LR3s will even know you're driving the same vehicle. that ride looks so good now that if we were ever to cross paths, i would be sure to park the 110 down wind so as not to get any of its stink on your truck.

They do look good. Nice work Will, once you start it's hard to stop, what's next?

Looking forward to seeing those slim sliders. I'm getting new front lower control arm bushings in tomorrow and hopefully the sway bar bushing shims as well. Seems that has been causing me the knock, if it's anything different I'll post somewhere. I seem to remember, if I'm correct, that you had a knock also.

Cheers Will hope to see the rig, and you also at the morg,, soon

very nice, mr. president, very nice. there will be no mistaking your LR3 in town, that's for sure. i don't think the other SC LR3s will even know you're driving the same vehicle. that ride looks so good now that if we were ever to cross paths, i would be sure to park the 110 down wind so as not to get any of its stink on your truck.

speaking of the 110, any thought of saving your current set of off-road tires, I'm sure you can find a set of cheap street tires on CL that will fit........... :P

They do look good. Nice work Will, once you start it's hard to stop, what's next?

Looking forward to seeing those slim sliders. I'm getting new front lower control arm bushings in tomorrow and hopefully the sway bar bushing shims as well. Seems that has been causing me the knock, if it's anything different I'll post somewhere. I seem to remember, if I'm correct, that you had a knock also.

Cheers Will hope to see the rig, and you also at the morg,, soon

thanks, John

next, I'll probably work on the known tire clearance issues and mount my roof rack. After that possibly a swing a way spare carrier/rear bumper????

thanks, John

next, I'll probably work on the known tire clearance issues and mount my roof rack. After that possibly a swing a way spare carrier/rear bumper????

let me know what you think of going for on the rear bumper. it's Kaymar, which needs the oem mudflps to cover the distance or, RTE, or Safari Gard, but i have seen no photos even though i have asked. I think Casey may be overseas.

Rig is looking good. By the way the new bushings on the loweer front controlarms worked geat, I also put the shims on the sway bars. no more knocks when driving over small bumps.

The dealership also aligned the car to the new height - which is real nice. No worries with the warranty - they turned a blind eye.

See ya:)

• 4 weeks later...

John, little help implementing the following

1) shims on sway bars, source for parts

2) ARB compressor tied to air suspension system as redundancy air source

btw, this Sunday I relocated the rear heater lines and trimmed the panel seams in the fender wells. No more rubbing.....

How ya going? been awhile since I've had a chance to get out. Got to let Ron know if I can make it to play on the Rubicon next Month. Tiings are looking tight I may not be able to go.

Anyway the Shims are easy to source at the dealership. Cost me 5 bucks i think at the Dealer in Corte Madera, they had them in stock but best to check. i put them in myself. Otherwise i think it is a 2 hour job for them to do it.

Next time I'm in I will try to get them to do the upper control arm too, I just want it a bit tighter and I noticed a bit of rubber being chewed up around the bushing. Probably because tthe lower control arm was so loose.

With the ARB Compressor it is a bit tricky, in some ways. basically my thoughts are to run it straight to the line that goes into the tank. Thh line between the compressor and the tank. ( I just have a T Piece that I can use to do the job. The T piece has a valve just like a tire). this way if you need to fill the airbags it would run from the tank which can handle the pressuure from the ARB. The Tank is suppossed to be 150psi and ARB shuts off at 180 psi, but i believe that is all close enough. Then Presumably from the Tank to the airbags, via the original air compressor and the valves at the front and rear.

Mostly the problems are the height sensors themselves and I have heard that LR has used 6 different airpumps for the LR3 trying to get theright one. I gues they have it figured out now anyway.

Hey with the sliders, which I really would like to see, you may want to see about where to locate the T Piece for the airline. Otherwise in an emergency you will have to drop the sliders. i suppose you could run a line to the slot openings ( in th eslider) near the original air compressor.

Hey now I have not tested this theory of mine, but ran it by the technician and got the "Yeah Ok that would work" from him. I have been too lazy to drop the slider, to see. Although I have the parts with me in the rig. All you are doing ids filling the tank.

Hey if you can check it with Tony. i am keen to have this confirmed.

Good job on the heater lines. It is also on my list to do. Great little easy mod that one. Very useful.

Give me a buzz if you want i think yopu have my number.

Cheers

JZ

John, thanks for the input

planning the ARB install I need to focus on the following

1) Location of ARB compressor

2) Location of on/off switch and routing of electrical lines

3) Point of connection of ARB air supply line and routing to air tank

4) Location of power source and routing of electrical lines

Secondary thoughts

1) shrader valve on a tee in supply line for 3rd source of air supply?

2) Check valve between factory compressor and air tank?

3) Check valve between ARB compressor and air tank?

• 3 months later...

update

for those of you that have been following this thread, I have something of real value for LR3 owners

Ever since I bought my LR3 I've been hammered with ghost electrical faults, especially when in low range and in country. Not a comforting sight. To make a long story short and with a happy ending, I paid a visit to my local Sears and purchased a Diehard "International" group 94R. Night and day compared to the former battery. My LR3 now starts with authority. No faults since last Sunday......

Archived