Is this the end?

I fear I may have to say goodbye to my Range Rover Sport with the growing number of problems becoming increasingly cost prohibitive to maintain.

Basics

• 2006 RRS 242k original miles
  • NCLR014 many offroad miles mostly with this club.
  • Regrettably ditched the air suspension for coils years ago cuz it woulda cost double to keep air suspension.

Showing its age

Since January, I'd been back to Cerrone's 3 times with engine faults. Codes would show a misfire - each time on a different cylinder. Each time they'd replace ignition coils under warranty no problem except last week, this was Tyler's observations

Misfire is gone however the vehicle drives extremely poorly. Has a violent surge coming the the transmission mostly likely the Torque converter failing. Also has a very loud Drivetrain noise coming from either the transfer case or one of the Differentials or both. Vehicle also blew a bunch of smoke when we started the car after letting it site in the morning meaning it is most likely burning some oil as well. Vehicle has very high mileage with as bas as the transmission and that noise is I am not sure how much longer it is going to drive like that before having an issue

I knew the torque converter was a ticking time bomb, but the undiagnosed transfer case/diff noise and smoke is new. Repairing any of these alone exceed 2x/3x the vehicle's value 😭 I'd hate to part it out, but there are some usable goodies/unobtainium on there.