Annual Event Raffle

We will be having a raffle at this years Annual at Dinkey Creek Campground. This raffle will include new items like a traditional raffle most people are used to, but we will also be including the “swap meet raffle” along with it. 

The “Swap Meet Raffle” is a pretty simple concept. Members will be allowed to purchase raffle tickets per usual with tiered ticket pricing. Members will also be able to donate items, new and used, to the raffle in exchange for raffle tickets. This will be a good opportunity to get rid of some useful stuff you’re not currently using, help out another member who could use the items, and also get some raffle tickets and potentially win some items you could use. Plus the more good items in the raffle, the more fun the raffle is and maybe increase the tickets get sold for the club. Win - win - win - win!!

I will be selling the tickets at the Annual and also exchanging swap meet items for tickets. So I will have to assess a value for the new or used item to give you a raffle ticket value. If you have any questionable item you considering donating, feel free to DM me first and we can figure out if the item is appropriate and predetermine a value. Bringing a screenshot or something documenting what your item generally sells for would also be helpful for me trying to figure out a value. Any large items that you don’t want to haul up can be donated by bringing a picture or some sort of representation instead of the physical item. So if you have a bumper or roof rack or even a set of wheels you want to donate, just print a few pictures and that should be good enough for the raffle.

We tried out this style of raffle at last years Annual. It went really well and we got a lot of really nice items donated. So clean out that garage and find some stuff that’s collecting dust and taking up space.

Please feel free to post up any items you plan on donating to the raffle. I will be posting some of the new items we have acquired for the raffle as well.

We have a couple of UniJacks for the raffle. I have been proponent of the UniJack for years. I dont think there’s a better tool for lifting a tire off the ground on the trail. It has a wide and stable base that is ideal for trail terrain. It easily adjusts to different heights. It has a lockable jack built into it for safety. It makes tire changes and axle work very quick and simple. Usually makes much more sense than a HiLift for most trail repairs and is much safer than a traditional bottle jack.

83E21AB8-CAD7-4989-B7B4-025A739091F1.jpeg

We have one new Lavabox portable propane fire pit for the raffle. Propane fire pits have become a necessity for summer camping in California. It has become automatic to employ fire restrictions on public lands and even many private campgrounds. Bringing a propane fire pit is the answer to the fire restrictions. This fire pit is compact and easy to pack, especially when compared to some of the more traditional circular models. On top of being easy to transport, it produces a large flame and is also nearly silent. Most other fire pits that produce large flames come with a noticeable, and sometimes annoying, hissing sound. After experiencing Andrew’s Lavabox on a camping trip this summer, I became a fan and am happy to see it in the raffle. As the kids would say, it’s FIRE!!  

5C6ED7B2-B56A-432F-84B2-7A497017BC09.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Digging deeper into the barn we find... a Series Saddle bag of all things... entered by Miles.

Discontinued Bearmach distributed Canvas Saddle bag manufactured by Undercover Covers. The bag is meant to be clipped to the rail and strapped to the canvas top rails. We did have OK fitment in the 110 for a few years, mounted to the MoD roll cage.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

undercover-covers-1461058616.pdf

Got a tire step didn't quite work the way I was hoping...new in the box...tried it on for size once... 

• Heininger Hitchmate 4040 Black TireStep, 1 Pack
Click image to open expanded view
  • 41D340PRKJL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 51PWNGC8TKL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41USAH0yx2L._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 51n8AYMHsdL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 515u7EsIHEL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 61NVbmPdn8L.SS40_BG85,85,85_BR-120_PKdp-play-icon-overlay__.jpgVIDEO

Heininger Hitchmate 4040 Black TireStep, 1 Pack

Amazon'sChoicefor "tire step"

-17% $49.99$49.99
List Price: $59.95$59.95 

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b1e9d63ba7c8793ab432ee84a368b8.jpeg

I'll bring two sets of rubber mats for LR3.

One set is by Land Rover: both 1st and 2nd row. It would benefit from a wash. Otherwise, it is in perfect shape and is pretty much indestructible.

The second set is by WeatheTeach: 1st row only and tan colored. These are lightweight, but easy to clean and have nice side lips that help to prevent snow and water seeping into the carpet. These are in a "like new condition".

image.thumb.jpeg.c43175d5ff77a549036434495f7877f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.82e0692cb670cac01354af539b6c8e36.jpeg

image.thumb.png.dcc1d89db8a8ea9c2d51f1edc975cb69.png