May MORG!!!

I’ve uploaded what I had. 

The camping was great. We ended up all going to Signal peak next morning.

The beginning of the trail was nice. The video I uploaded shows Don getting through the first obstacle he mentioned in the podcast and then spotting me through it.

After that things started to get more interesting due to the overall muddiness (if that’s a word) of the trail. We got to a field with wet snow and seeing that we will likely have more and more traction problems, turned around. Had lunch on a sunny spot off the trail and headed back to camp.

Robert, Jason, Goose, Mike, and Andrew stayed for another night. Did they have more adventures? We won’t know unless they tell us.

My dog was completely pooped and slept all Sunday after the trip.

I enjoyed the trip, but have to come back when it’s not so wet and get to the top.

Edited by SDS

After the signal peak trail run every body came back to are camping spot to hang out and catch up with each other's  lives and stuff. Some people are staying another night and some unfortunately are leaving.  After half are crew went home me and Mike started heading up the Fordyce Trail. As passengers we had Robert and his son Jason in Mike's very well built defender. I had Goose in my fully built Disco. It was late in the afternoon and we knew the crawlers would be coming back down the trail, it was a busy day on this trail because of Signal Peak being closed from the snow on the trail. It was a wonderful experience running this part of the trail again. After doing the bypass at wench hill 0.5 and just before the deep water crossing at the bottom of the hill we turned around fast to keep ahead of a group of crawlers that had a Toyota with open differentials that they were trying to get off the trail and back home. No way we wanted to get mixed up with that crazy mess. This trail reminds me of Hell Hole. Very steep rocky hills and lots water filled crossings with a few very hard obstacles. We made it back to camp with some light left to get things going like the fire and dinner. We had a wonderful evening just talking laughing and enjoying some good whiskey and beer. And then we went to bed.  I woke up early, as I usually do and left early to beat the traffic and get home before all the craziness starts.             I can't wait to do this again!.

Andrew. 

20220517_131237.jpg

3 hours ago, Andrew Wood said:

After the signal peak trail run every body came back to are camping spot to hang out and catch up with each other's  lives and stuff. Some people are staying another night and some unfortunately are leaving.  After half are crew went home me and Mike started heading up the Fordyce Trail. As passengers we had Robert and his son Jason in Mike's very well built defender. I had Goose in my fully built Disco. It was late in the afternoon and we knew the crawlers would be coming back down the trail, it was a busy day on this trail because of Signal Peak being closed from the snow on the trail. It was a wonderful experience running this part of the trail again. After doing the bypass at wench hill 0.5 and just before the deep water crossing at the bottom of the hill we turned around fast to keep ahead of a group of crawlers that had a Toyota with open differentials that they were trying to get off the trail and back home. No way we wanted to get mixed up with that crazy mess. This trail reminds me of Hell Hole. Very steep rocky hills and lots water filled crossings with a few very hard obstacles. We made it back to camp with some light left to get things going like the fire and dinner. We had a wonderful evening just talking laughing and enjoying some good whiskey and beer. And then we went to bed.  I woke up early, as I usually do and left early to beat the traffic and get home before all the craziness starts.             I can't wait to do this again!.

Andrew. 

20220517_131237.jpg

Wish I could have stayed for this! Any pictures of the crossing?

5 hours ago, Andrew Wood said:

I am just so in to experiencing nature and the adventure that I don't take photos very much (except my Landy) and I rely on others to do that. I should and will improve on this situation 🤔

20220517_131705.jpg

Don’t know what you are talking about: this photo is awesome 😎

On 5/17/2022 at 8:56 PM, SDS said:

I’ve uploaded what I had. 

The camping was great. We ended up all going to Signal peak next morning.

The beginning of the trail was nice. The video I uploaded shows Don getting through the first obstacle he mentioned in the podcast and then spotting me through it.

After that things started to get more interesting due to the overall muddiness (if that’s a word) of the trail. We got to a field with wet snow and seeing that we will likely have more and more traction problems, turned around. Had lunch on a sunny spot off the trail and headed back to camp.

Robert, Jason, Goose, Mike, and Andrew stayed for another night. Did they have more adventures? We won’t know unless they tell us.

My dog was completely pooped and slept all Sunday after the trip.

I enjoyed the trip, but have to come back when it’s not so wet and get to the top.

Great pics Sasha. So how did you get to the Peak the next morning? Come in from the other way? Any pointers for the trail as I will be up there in two weeks!

On 5/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, CRYA said:

Great pics Sasha. So how did you get to the Peak the next morning? Come in from the other way? Any pointers for the trail as I will be up there in two weeks!

We didn't get to the Peak unfortunately. We stopped on Saturday because of the snow and then drove home. Some people stayed through the night and drove home Sunday morning.

I believe that LR3/4 can make it to the top if there is no snow and if it is not soaking wet. Even if it is wet, you should be able to get up with some winching.

If it is dry, it should be fine.

I've heard that starting from Cisco grove should make it easier, but less fun 🙂

I'd love to do the trail in a dryer weather.

On 5/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, CRYA said:

Oh, another thing: make sure you have a saw handy. We cleared up some saplings that were leaning onto the trail, but there are likely more on the part that we never got to.