Putting in a Gwyn Lewis Order, Anybody need anything?

Mr.BlueSky

Putting in a Gwyn Lewis order mid next week - anybody need anything they want to ship across the pond from Gwyn?

Looking to order by Wednesday.

set of these if you are ordering

Rear 90, Disco1, RRC Spring Re-locators, Hooked, GL1064

paypal you?

set of these if you are ordering

Rear 90, Disco1, RRC Spring Re-locators, Hooked, GL1064

paypal you?

Sure that works! Let me get the quote from Gwyn around Wednesday and I'll ping you.

what you ordering Bluesky ? 

Ive been eyeing Gwyns Challenge Suspension kit maybe nows the time.

After talking with some friends some more about what suspension upgrades they've done my Bubby from Tx brought up RTE Fabrications not trying to push anyone in any direction just throwing it out there they dont offer nearly the same type of other defender modes like 2nd alternator,  double battery bin etc . heres a link to site if interested.  Ill post up what I ended up doing with RTE.

https://rtefab.com/product-tag/defender-90-110/page/2/

Edited by DefenderOftheWest

what you ordering Bluesky ? 

Ive been eyeing Gwyns Challenge Suspension kit maybe nows the time.

After talking with some friends some more about what suspension upgrades they've done my Bubby from Tx brought up RTE Fabrications not trying to push anyone in any direction just throwing it out there they dont offer nearly the same type of other defender modes like 2nd alternator,  double battery bin etc . heres a link to site if interested.  Ill post up what I ended up doing with RTE.

https://rtefab.com/product-tag/defender-90-110/page/2/

Ordering another Challenger travel kit and some other bits for the new classic - "Eleven". Snowflake already has a Challenger kit from Gwyn and I have been incredibly happy with it (and Gwyn as well - very good guy to get on the phone for questions).

Snowflake also has RTE rear radius arms and a few other components. RTE has a good number of compeling products and is nicely located in the U.S.  However, with RTE I've had mixed luck - some of my parts I get in work perfect and are dimensionally correct. Others, not so much and modification is required (in this case I would have to cut and weld in an extension to push the axle back to where it should be located - RTE arms were just too short.). A bit irritating when you spend $$$ and are waiting for months. In fact just the other day we modified one of Simon's panhard bars on another truck to bring the axle into better "Y direction" alignment...

. of course YMMV. 

Thanks for the insight I appreciate honest feedback.  That has me thinking I should go with the Challenger Kit to support a company that provides great products that the community enjoys.  That sucks that you had issues with RTE on multiple occasions with different products that is never fun and irritating is a kind way to put it.

Did u install the Challenger Kit Yourself/ with friends ?  

Id love to install myself but Im not the most mechanically incline person and my tool selection isnt the greatest I just have never dedicated the time necessary to learn really.  I feel like I got a whole lot of excuses tonight.  

Thanks for the insight I appreciate honest feedback.  That has me thinking I should go with the Challenger Kit to support a company that provides great products that the community enjoys.  That sucks that you had issues with RTE on multiple occasions with different products that is never fun and irritating is a kind way to put it.

Did u install the Challenger Kit Yourself/ with friends ?  

Id love to install myself but Im not the most mechanically incline person and my tool selection isnt the greatest I just have never dedicated the time necessary to learn really.  I feel like I got a whole lot of excuses tonight.  

I did install the challenger kit myself. It is all bolt on -  super easy. 

If you feel apprehensive feel free to bring it up here and we can likely install it in a day.

Thank you Bluesky.  I'll take you up on that offer kind sir.  

Id like to put in a order as well if its not to late for Challenge Kit, besides kit you have any other recommendations ? Would Roll cage with Roof Rack and Hardcase pop up tent be consider heavy weight load for spring choice ? any input is much obliged 

I can paypal or drop off cash I love getting into the Santa Cruz Mountains. 

Edited by DefenderOftheWest

Thank you Bluesky.  I'll take you up on that offer kind sir.  

Id like to put in a order as well if its not to late for Challenge Kit, besides kit you have any other recommendations ? Would Roll cage with Roof Rack and Hardcase pop up tent be consider heavy weight load for spring choice ? any input is much obliged 

I can paypal or drop off cash I love getting into the Santa Cruz Mountains. 

I'll give you a call later tonight - might be easier to input the order ; )

Quick update - we are just working through a couple clarification on the classic brake lines.

Should have a quote and shipping costs soon. I figure we can aim to split shipping by weight or similar. 

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update for everyone!

Gwyn is starting to roll out the partial shipments now. I expect we should see the complete order arrive over the course of the next week!

The brake lines are the long lead items.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...