Need new tires and wheels (mine got stolen)

I was running 255/70-16 with 2" lift.

They look tiny so I'm looking for bigger tires without giving me any drive train issues since I'm still running stock drive trains...

I want to get 33's but I'm worried lol

Any wheels and tire suggestion?

post-1340-0-27386100-1591319431_thumb.png

Edited by ALWVSN

Damn, that sucks. Who the fuck steals wheels off a D2? What type of tires are you looking for? Street, mud, A/T?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was running KO2's, it was a good tire but a bit loud on the pavement/freeway.

Thinking of the Falken Wildpeak or Patagonias.

Wow... this is just lame... Sorry to hear this. 

I haven't tried the Falkenpeaks - but I do like the Yokohama Geolander MT 285/75/R16. Currently the ones I have are too wide to tuck under the classic - hoping with some additional height adjustment I can get them to tuck. 

Wow... this is just lame... Sorry to hear this.

I haven't tried the Falkenpeaks - but I do like the Yokohama Geolander MT 285/75/R16. Currently the ones I have are too wide to tuck under the classic - hoping with some additional height adjustment I can get them to tuck.

Are close to San Jose? Can I try them on? A friend said I won't clear 285... :(

Are close to San Jose? Can I try them on? A friend said I won't clear 285... :(

I am in Santa Clara - I've got one on a wheel now - the others are at work (and wheel-less) but you are more than welcome to come by and we can zip it on. 

Basically here's my note... Base on what a few people told me

285/75/16: even taller than 265/75-16, requires around 3" of lift. Very wide and requires trimming. consider upgrading to hd axles & getting lower gears.

255/85/16: a bit taller than 285/75-15 but narrower. consider upgrading to hd axles & getting lower gears.

Method 702

$852.24 set

Tire rack

Ko2 285/75 $212 ea

Ko2 265/75 $195 ea

Americas tire

Falken wildpeak

265/75 $179

285/75 $216 ea

Patagonia

285/75 $174 ea

I am in Santa Clara - I've got one on a wheel now - the others are at work (and wheel-less) but you are more than welcome to come by and we can zip it on.

Pls, if you're able to. I'll bring my jack etc lol...

Let me know when's a good time for you before I order new tires.

I sent you a pm but I think I got my answer on 285/75-16... Someone posted this photo and got my answer that it does not rub.

post-1340-0-53542400-1591741793_thumb.png

Pls, if you're able to. I'll bring my jack etc lol...

Let me know when's a good time for you before I order new tires.

I think Miles has them on RRC wheels and you have a D2, so it won't help you much.  The largest you can fit depends upon the brand and style of tire, but a 265/75 on standard D2 wheels may or may not rub on full lock, but will not rub arches on full articulation.  For example, a BFG AT KO will not but a KO2 will (due to the side biters).  Not enough to worry about though.  A lift in itself will not help with arch rubbing, extended bump stops will.  At full compression the axle will be in the same place whether you have longer springs or not.  A 285 is going to rub on full lock, without wheel spacers (on standard wheels).

Regards,

Graeme

Base on the photo posted up there, he has the same wheels (Method 701 16x8 0 offset with 285/75-16) he's not rubbing. But he's running wildpeaks. Toyo contacted me and sending tires.

I'll try it and see how it'll be.

Base on the photo posted up there, he has the same wheels (Method 701 16x8 0 offset with 285/75-16) he's not rubbing. But he's running wildpeaks. Toyo contacted me and sending tires.

I said on standard wheels.  If you're running 0 offset then that is like a standard wheel with a 33mm spacer, so that should work for steering on full lock.  Bear in mind that you don't get something for nothing.  Bearing wear and ackerman angle will both be affected, although maybe not enough to concern you.

Regards,

Graeme

I said on standard wheels. If you're running 0 offset then that is like a standard wheel with a 33mm spacer, so that should work for steering on full lock. Bear in mind that you don't get something for nothing. Bearing wear and ackerman angle will both be affected, although maybe not enough to concern you.

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks Graeme. I'll eventually start upgrading the drive train little by little. I wasn't sure if I should keep this vehicle, I was planning on upgrading my truck but for now, I'll keep on adding until then.

ALSO note if you are going to run the Toyo MT 285/75/16 it is the heaviest tire out there as heavy as a 35" bfg mt but in my opinion are the best!