who does good RRC leather seat repair in the bay area?

Tsean

The '94 I'm working on is gonna need the front seat leather redone.

Anyone have suggestion on where there is a good combination of workmanship and a reasonable price, some where in the Bay Area for RRC front seat leather repair?

It sporting Sorrel Tan leather.

thanks,

T

The '94 I'm working on is gonna need the front seat leather redone.

Anyone have suggestion on where there is a good combination of workmanship and a reasonable price, some where in the Bay Area for RRC front seat leather repair?

It sporting Sorrel Tan leather.

thanks,

T

I've been considering this as it seems super straight forward to just replace.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1990-1995-range-rover-classic-lwb-custom-real-leather-seat-covers-front.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwtYXmBRAOEiwAYsyl3O7iJk4pByc_2NG8VvVeB-ukSCZoY1BLu6hPEwx1sluy6ZxGYRf7ChoC7acQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nasty drivers seat on a 94RRC. Had it repaired and then re-dyed it myself. They guy that repaired it is in Sac and you have mentioned Bay Area. He did a patch in a close colour then the dye made it a great match.

Premier Upholstery if you are interested.

post-635-0-14402700-1560713363_thumb.jpgpost-635-0-20480200-1560713330_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-12944800-1560713090_thumb.jpgpost-635-0-75710800-1560713106_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have not heard of them. Good luck!

When I re-do the 110 Seats I plan to detrim the old seats pop out all the stitches and break the trims down into patterns (The individual fabric pieces).

At this point, you can take them to a (^a good) upholstery shop, with material of your choice and they can reconstruct new seat trims using the original patterns. 

I have not heard of them. Good luck!

When I re-do the 110 Seats I plan to detrim the old seats pop out all the stitches and break the trims down into patterns (The individual fabric pieces).

At this point, you can take them to a (^a good) upholstery shop, with material of your choice and they can reconstruct new seat trims using the original patterns. 

Miles,

A good upholstery shop would prefer to have them as-is.  They're used to doing this and prefer to see the original, so don't strip them.

I have the samples from Lseat and am not that impressed.  They also don't seem to do all the rears.

I have had Jaguar seats done, but never Land Rover.  It is amazing how often you find your 'leather' seats are only part leather .... but I'm telling that to a seat guy!

Regards,

Graeme

Miles,

A good upholstery shop would prefer to have them as-is.  They're used to doing this and prefer to see the original, so don't strip them.

I have the samples from Lseat and am not that impressed.  They also don't seem to do all the rears.

I have had Jaguar seats done, but never Land Rover.  It is amazing how often you find your 'leather' seats are only part leather .... but I'm telling that to a seat guy!

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme, you are 100% correct.

Don't do what I did :)

I won't be taking mine to a normal upholstery shop... More a like a guy at work that prefers to be paid in beer and has access to all the fun (production level) trim toys.

Miles,

Regards,

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

If you have the Lseat samples, does one match the Sorrell Beige?

Here are some pics of the progress, we are doing a 93 white SWB no sunroof (it's done) and a Marine Blue 94 LWB. Both built up as daily drivers.

Thx for your help.

Tim

post-1292-0-71296100-1575143613_thumb.png

post-1292-0-88830200-1575143622_thumb.png

post-1292-0-73747000-1575143633_thumb.png

Tim,

There are quite a few pale browny colors, so one might be close.

Where are you in S.J.?  Anywhere near 237 (680 to 101), as I drive home that way and could take a spin past one evening.

Regards,

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Thx for the kind offer.

However, the  truck is in So Cal at my son's (he did the white one and I'm getting the Blue LWB). I ordered 4 samples from Lseats to ship to his house and he'll try to do see what comes closest to the faded Sorrell Beige.

Best,

Tim

• 4 months later...

Hi Graeme - What did you end doing? If I read the thread right you didn’t think Lseats quality was that great; Did you find a local place that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I wasn't doing mine, just researching for the future.  Tim was the one looking.  LSeats samples didn't thrill me, and I have a local shop that did some amazing seat and carpet work on a prior XJS, so I'm sorted for mine (actually have an XK8 seat that I want them to redo soon).  It was a few years ago, and it was pricey then though.

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks Graeme - Is the shop that used still around? If you don’t mind - can you share?

Thanks,

Phil

I wasn't doing mine, just researching for the future.  Tim was the one looking.  LSeats samples didn't thrill me, and I have a local shop that did some amazing seat and carpet work on a prior XJS, so I'm sorted for mine (actually have an XK8 seat that I want them to redo soon).  It was a few years ago, and it was pricey then though.

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks Graeme - Is the shop that used still around? If you don’t mind - can you share?

Thanks,

Phil

I don't actually know the name, I just know where they are (San Carlos / Belmont border, on Industrial).  I'll look next time I'm over that way.

Regards,

Graeme

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Lseats.com leather seats installed on the RRC. For the price or about $200 (plus install) they look great!

If your doing a restore for a pebble beach concourse car, this is not going to cut it, but for a nice replacement of worn leather for day to day use these are great.  I would  recommend.