hi new to club was wondering. how is food on trip do we bring our own. I not sure if can make it but did ask for time off.

thanks Scott

On our trips it’s typically bring your own food except for the annual we try and coordinate a catering for dinner at that one.

So it’s fairly remote so you definitely need to make sure you pack appropriately.

Feel free to reach out and we can help you with what you want to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Don. I think that Eric has a passenger. I’ll check with Andrew and Colin.

Don does have room for you I believe.

Don does have room for you I believe.

Thanks

I have now booked a ride with Colin but will have many opportunities to join others over the three days.

Don, feel free to invite others to take the seat.

We've done a few podcast interviews as folks have been interested in the notion that there will now be a Land Rover Specific Event on the Rubicon.

The Rubicon is no stranger to events,  Jeep Jamboree brings over a thousand jeeps through a year on their two events.  However, Rovers haven't been organized in any events like the Jeeps, Toyotas, and Ford Broncos are until now.

If you get a chance check out the interviews as we attempted to promote the club and the event. Your feedback is always welcomed!

http://www.snailtrail4x4.com/episode-7-get-your-rovicon-on/

https://centresteer.com/podcast/centresteer-74-gclrc-rovicon/

I think most of us plan to arrive Thursday night. Stagging area is at the loon lake spill way on the north west side.

As we get closer we can coordinate caravans up there too, I'm leaving from Roseville heading up through Georgetown.

As I know my timing better I post up when I plan to leave.

I'll be heading up Thursday afternoon as well.

To get to the staging area basically follow Ice House Rd. to the north side of Loon Lake and cross the spillway.  The road then turns left and drops down from the lake to the staging area.  You can see the trucks/trailers parked in the satellite view on Google

https://goo.gl/maps/PCFpZ2EJmtsAMwoe6

You can also make out the tire marks on the granite as the trail leaves the staging area and heads off to the north

Edited by DHappel

I was planning to arrive on Thursday.  is anyone else going too  don't want to be all alone.   also where is the staging area.   north shore  loon lake ???  I have never been to the rubicon so I need directions.  thanks 

Being alone is the reason I go out on trails like this.  Some people want the "Con" experience with all the rowdy, loud excitement.  To me it spoils the beauty of the place.  I would encourage you to head out early and find a spot near the lake and take in the scenery, have a brew and a lunch while you wait for the rest of the wagon train to catch up.  You wont regret it.  Loon has some nice browns in it if you're so inclined. 

Being alone is the reason I go out on trails like this. Some people want the "Con" experience with all the rowdy, loud excitement. To me it spoils the beauty of the place. I would encourage you to head out early and find a spot near the lake and take in the scenery, have a brew and a lunch while you wait for the rest of the wagon train to catch up. You wont regret it. Loon has some nice browns in it if you're so inclined.

I would say if being alone is the reason you go out on trails, and the “con” experience spoils it for you, then I would definitely not recommend this event for you. Or any 4wd event on the rubicon or anywhere other trail.

Being alone is the reason I go out on trails like this.  Some people want the "Con" experience with all the rowdy, loud excitement.  To me it spoils the beauty of the place.  I would encourage you to head out early and find a spot near the lake and take in the scenery, have a brew and a lunch while you wait for the rest of the wagon train to catch up.  You wont regret it.  Loon has some nice browns in it if you're so inclined. 

I'm with this guy .... Jason nailed it for me.  Honestly, getting drunk, farting, being generally obnoxious, and 'proving' something, are all getting very old ....

Regards,

Graeme

I'm with this guy .... Jason nailed it for me. Honestly, getting drunk, farting, being generally obnoxious, and 'proving' something, are all getting very old ....

Regards,

Graeme

Somehow, someway, we will find a way to carryon without you...

Couldn't agree more - that's why I always try to go mid-week.  But things changed.  Hopefully we'll keep it in check and not let it become about drinking and partying more than wheeling the trail.  We can leave that sort of behavior to the yota crowd.   

Couldn't agree more - that's why I always try to go mid-week. But things changed. Hopefully we'll keep it in check and not let it become about drinking and partying more than wheeling the trail. We can leave that sort of behavior to the yota crowd.

Who is WE?

with those nice lakes all around does people bring their kayaks or is the too distracting tied to the roof while navigating through the trails

I don’t think I’ve seen anybody take a kayak out there, but you certainly could if you can secure it well. There will be opportunities to use it at Loon Lake and Buck Island when we camp there Thursday and Friday night. It is a very rough trail, so just make sure it is very secure. The trail itself isn’t too tight for a kayak on the roof tho.

with those nice lakes all around does people bring their kayaks or is the too distracting tied to the roof while navigating through the trails

I've seen people bring them before as well as inflatables but I never have brought one.  Considering the size of the group on this trip and the pace, I'm not sure you're going to have much opportunity to use it.  Personally by the time we make it to camp I'm more interested in setting up camp and opening a cold one and relaxing with friends.  But it stays light late these days and a nice paddle around after dinner would be fun.  In the morning you're going to want to be moving early to avoid the traffic so probably not much time there.  If it's short you probably wouldn't notice it but I wouldn't bring an overly long one.  if paddling is your thing then bring it.  

I'm packing when I get home tonight and will plan to roll out from Walnut Grove around noon.  Not sure if I'll go up 50/Ice House or through Georgetown.  I'll keep an eye out and the radio ion 146.460.

See you guys there!

BTW, if anybody wants to bring some firewood that would be great.  I'll bring some, but we'll need a few others to bring some as well.