A problem LR wishes it has? (4Runner pricing)

lithium1330

I came across someone looking at a 4Runner... and he posted this find at a local dealer lot.

It’s a very unique/popular color... and I suspect in part, is what’s driving the dealer mark up.

And if you’re click lazy, the market mark up is just $5....shy of $20k. At a 3rd grade math level, that is $19,995 mark up. Evidently, the 4Runners are so popular that it’s a great deal if you can find at MSRP.

I’m not saying it’ll sell at that price, but dealer prob feels they can wait for the right buyer to come along.

post-999-0-51772300-1545090495_thumb.jpeg

I came across someone looking at a 4Runner... and he posted this find at a local dealer lot.

It’s a very unique/popular color... and I suspect in part, is what’s driving the dealer mark up.

And if you’re click lazy, the market mark up is just $5....shy of $20k. At a 3rd grade math level, that is $19,995 mark up. Evidently, the 4Runners are so popular that it’s a great deal if you can find at MSRP.

I’m not saying it’ll sell at that price, but dealer prob feels they can wait for the right buyer to come along.

attachicon.gifFB55AB6D-2BED-4E58-882F-8F85828D48AE.jpeg

Now I will view the driver of any “voodoo blue” 4runner I see as a moron who paid $75k for a Toyota 4Runner. Maybe I should just start buying 4runner’s, getting them painted blue, then reselling them for huge profits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am truly baffled.  It's just a 4runner.  Nothing special.  You see dozens of them every time you leave the house.  It's not even a very good vehicle if you ask me - hasn't been updated in quite a while.  Most people seem to say the GM mid-size twins and the just launched Ranger are far better vehicles.  

I just can't understand how anybody can get excited about a toyota.  They are - by intent - the most bland and non-offensive vehicle you can buy.  Toyota is the definition of 'designed by committee' and 'don't rock the boat'.  They never break any new ground, they just let other people develop new ideas then refine those for their own use.

This does not make them a 'bad' vehicle.  But it in no way inspires passion.  Very much the opposite.  Toyota - the appliance of automobiles.

Then again, maybe that's what the millennials want.  They're more interested in 'experiences' than 'things'.  The vehicle is just a way to get more bookface friends and IG followers.  They don't actually care what it is or what kind of history or heritage it may have.  

Excuse me, I have to go yell at some kids playing on my yard now.

Archived