1990 Portofino Red Classic

cnrotter

Hello,

New member here just wanted to share some photos of my RRC.

Its a 1990, 2 owner truck. Bought new here has been in the bay area its entire life. I was fortunate to get a stack of paperwork and receipts dating back to its original purchase.

When I bought it about 6 months ago it had a few issues. Had to replace the turn signal stalk, replace the horns, change out the drive belts, tensioner pulley, water pump, and replace the rear hatch latches. Also one of the A/C lines was busted so had one fabricated and recharged the system so it blows cold now. The only remaining big issue is the ABS light is on and I am working on figuring that issue out. I think it is one of the sensors as it keeps throwing the air gap too large code. It also has lots of creaks and squeaks and a clunk or two while driving so I think the bushings are due for a refresh as well.

My big picture plan is to make it a nice stock weekend driver with maybe some light occasional trail use.

The guy I bought it from also had a new in box never installed factory dog barrier he included which I installed last week. I think it looks great.

At some point the previous owner decided to "upgrade" the truck with chrome bumpers and wheels from a '95. While the wheels are nice I would like to revert it to appropriate 3 spoke ones. If anyone has a lead on a set of 4 I'd appreciate it!

Anyways here are the pics:

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

Very nice and clean.  I'm not a restoration sort of guy so I wouldn't have even realized the bumpers and wheels were not correct for the year.  

Thanks!

Its a bit photogenic. Definitely more flawed in person. But has really great bones for a nice restoration. Shes a survivor!

Archived