Defender fever

Gotrovr

Will, purchase that truck.

Your welcome.

If you need room for your Rovers. You can store Shrek at my place.. of course with access to the keys as well 😉

It's a really nice defender. I like the rims. The interior looks mint. Super cool find

Lemme try,. you live in CA and truck is a diesel.

Btw, I'm a big proponent of more Series, 90/110/Defender trucks in the club.

Since it's. ROW truck, you can swap for a GM engine and make it legal in CA.

Ok, educate me here.  ROW?    and why the need to swap engines..... emissions?

Rest Of World. Basically anything that isn't NAS.

Yeah emissions. There was no diesel available in the US from LR at the time so the engine is "illegal". Another popular diesel swap is the Isuzu 4BT. The engine has to be the same year or newer than the truck it's going into. I think they try to reg it at the year of the engine too. I don't remember al the ins and outs.

Sorry, I was replying my phone, so couldn't type out details with my two thumbs.

But Brenton is right on the ROW, and diesel engine not being legal - - all due to CARB rules.

More specifically, diesel-powered defenders are not approved to use in vehicles registered in CA.

Unfortunately, this also apply to some of the imported defenders with V8's.

*unless* you have a diesel cert'd by the one lab CARB allows to produce compliant stickers.

Pay them a chunk of money (I heard up to $15,000) and all they do is look at it and give you a sticker, since pre-97 vehicles are smog exempt anyway. 

Will, maybe you should check out this UK-imported diesel Defender. It's not a soft top, but... seller claims CA titled and registration.

I'm not sure how that was done, or if It'll be easy for you to renew reg next year, or sell in future. But worth asking seller those question.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6062337225.html

good find, although I'm set on LHD

You can swap the sides fairly easily... Scully is working on a few at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You can swap the sides fairly easily... Scully is working on a few at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Swapping all the bits, not too terribly hard. Getting all the bits to swap from RHD to LHD without having to grab ones ankles pricing wise is a bit more tricky..

Archived