Official Death Valley trip (4-15)

Okay Folks,

Working on a 1200-word piece for Rovers North Magazine this weekend. If you do NOT want your full name listed int the article, please email me a note to:

ccecmail@charter.net

Otherwise, I will be using full family names, a description of your vehicle, and other attributes to make this thing worth reading. I will NOT be mentioning exact locations and routes, due to the apparent "sensitive" and "ownership" nature of some of the trails and locations.

Tx,

Paul

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So my little piece on the DV trip is in print. The editor added a "book-end" way to frame the piece.

So, as such, he took out my introduction and added a Ronald Reagan tie-in. So the whole 1st half of the intro. paragraph and the last line in the article are not of my pen.

Just sayin'...

--Paul

Link is not on Rovers North web site yet. My paper copy just arrived today. Great pics by Don H. and good ink for club members. They mislabeled one of the camp sites but no biggie.

My next goal is a piece for Alloy + Grit. Stay tuned.

--Paul

Just got our issue in at the shop.

Kuddos to you Paul, very good read and good pictures. Customer is reading through it now, about to pull the trigger and sign up on the forum.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still pretty bummed the editor tied it in with Regan's TV show... I think he wanted to "bookend" the story but at least he could have run it past me before going to press.

--Paul

Archived