10th Annual Member's Appreciation Weekend "OktRoverFest" Official Thread!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I'll bring my debit card for a spare, empty account I have and purchase a thousand or so raffle tickets. The transactions will all reject, but you won't know that until after I've collected all the prizes.

:P :P :P :P

on second thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on second thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, now we will have to drive to that one spot on the way to Top of the World, on that blind corner, where you get perfect cell service to buy tickets.  GEEZ.  That is going to be a mess of Rover traffic.

Probably silly question, but I've never been to the annual and unfortunately not sure if I can make it this year yet too.

How does the raffle work? We buy tickets? What do they cost? What does that money go towards? Do you have to attend to participate/win?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No such thing as a silly question!! The raffle is pretty straight forward. You buy tickets for $5 each with a discount for a $100 spent ( I think it will be 25 tickets for $100) except the tickets for the roof top tent which are $20 each, 6 tickets for $100 deal. You have to be present to win (backstory is someone bought tickets remotely way back when and won a ton of stuff. People weren't too happy with that.) The money we raise goes towards club activities and operating costs. It helps off set costs of shirts, meals, etc on top of dues.

Hope this helps and do what you can to try and make it!!

Chris

Kate, the kids and I are really looking forward to this.  The kids and family track is going to be awesome – so make sure to bring the smaller versions of yourselves. 

As Chris and Tom threatened, on Friday night, there will be singing and campfire stories.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  (Or just keep drinking until I sound good)

The Saturday morning agenda features kid led courses on fun and easy to pack activities to keep the smaller family members entertained.  Simon is particularly looking forward to teaching a course on rope work, and Ruben is gonna throw down with an origami tsunami.  We’re looking for one or two more kid instructors, so if you have a young one or teenager interested in teaching anything from a nature course to carburetor repair please reach out to me directly.

On Saturday afternoon, there will be a Kids Camel Trophy Challenge where mixed-age teams use the skills they learned in the morning to tackle obstacles in a Double Dare style race to glory.   Time and energy permitting, we’ll throw in a scavenger hunt too J

For the adults, we’ll have a round table discussion, From Camping to Glamping, where we share family travel/packing advice, recipes, and non-4x4 activities to make these trips fun and accessible for all.

See you all there!

Chris, Let me know if I can help transport stuff to Area 5. I can probably stuff quite a bit into the Wann-09 (Custom license plate ordered fromDMV). I plan to arrive late friday nite.

I myself will be arriving late Friday night. You my friend I'm excited to meet. I heard great things about you through the grapevine.

Might get "lost" and the rig might "disappear" Too many goodies hahah

so you too have heard of all the banditos between the Bay Area and Hollister attacking rigs and making them disappear only to resurface with all but the poor drivers :(  

Why did you bring up the mask?  I wasn't even there and I know about the mask.  Actually its not the mask that is the issue, it is what happens when the mask goes on....

I'll be coming after soccer Sat afternoon.  Kid is looking forward to riding a little shotgun after all these years and seeing the trail.

I would say you need to bring lunch and snacks and probably non beer drinks....

Brats and Beer Friday

Coffee and Pastry Sat

LUNCH  ?  Make sure you don't forget to bring something...

Sauced and Altamont Sat night

MIDNIGHT BACON

Board Breakfast Sunday AM.  Coffee....mmmmm

Lunch if you stay to wheel...

Kate, the kids and I are really looking forward to this.  The kids and family track is going to be awesome – so make sure to bring the smaller versions of yourselves. 

As Chris and Tom threatened, on Friday night, there will be singing and campfire stories.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  (Or just keep drinking until I sound good)

The Saturday morning agenda features kid led courses on fun and easy to pack activities to keep the smaller family members entertained.  Simon is particularly looking forward to teaching a course on rope work, and Ruben is gonna throw down with an origami tsunami.  We’re looking for one or two more kid instructors, so if you have a young one or teenager interested in teaching anything from a nature course to carburetor repair please reach out to me directly.

On Saturday afternoon, there will be a Kids Camel Trophy Challenge where mixed-age teams use the skills they learned in the morning to tackle obstacles in a Double Dare style race to glory.   Time and energy permitting, we’ll throw in a scavenger hunt too J

For the adults, we’ll have a round table discussion, From Camping to Glamping, where we share family travel/packing advice, recipes, and non-4x4 activities to make these trips fun and accessible for all.

See you all there!

AWESOME JOB TEAM PHOBUCKET!!!

Folks,

Ben, Kate and the kids are creating a wonderful "BaseCamp" track from Friday night S'more and campfire songs but the fire, day's activities for those not on the trail including...

Kid's Camel Trophy Event  - So remember to pack your kids and their "vehicles" (bikes, etc..  Camel Trophy themed decorations optional ;-)

and then again, S'Mores, Campfire songs and possibly story time (A personal favorite :-) for Saturday night!

Thank you Kate, Ben, Simon and Ruben!!

No one mentioned anything about the mask. All they said was "if discochef going on a trip, make sure you go too" but now that it's mentioned and mike also mentioned it....what is the "MASK"?

I pass this along to a better storyteller than I, as my account have been second hand.  Now, the great Paella cookout of 2008 (IIRC)...I can tell that story.

Archived