Visiting the MORG

Disco2Guy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, my first time out with the club. I must admit, I walk away impressed not only with the obvious off road knowledge of these guys but the layed back, "welcome to the family" feel I got right off the bat. You made me feel right at home and at the end of the day, it all could be summed up to a great time together. I can only look forward to the next one! Great club; great people, great fun!

Could you guys email me your pictures so I can post them on the Club Website?

webadmin@nclrclub.org

Gary, what size do you want them? I took everything at 3072x2304 and can reduce to any size you need in Photoshop. There are videos as well of Chuck going through the rock gulch and winching out at 640x480. I can send around 20MB through Gmail at a time, can you accept attachments that large? Let me know what works.

Luis, it was great meeting you at the MORG. You were driving that LR3 through the trails with ease. I do recommend some sliders and under body protection if you are planning any heavy duty wheeling. My fuel tank has a nice dent in it from the Gold Lake trail last year. But if you stick to the moderate stuff you can get away without most of it. The hard part is resisting the urge to head out on the difficult trail runs...

Looks like a good turn out for our first MORG; cool pixs; missed this one! Next time.

I had a great time today, and many thanks to everyone!! Overall I am very impressed how well RovrFlo (and myself) handled sections that looked too hairy, and still came out unscathed. The amber SES light came up just after hitting pavement on the way home. Here are some pics from earlier in the day. Thanks again!!

Hey Ron, are you going to bring the D2 to the next MORG? I'm curious about which mods you have planned for it. I see you already have the lift and tires.

Speaking of MORG; I am back from the dead (recovering from the flu)!

My two boys caught it on our flight back from Hawaii (suspect - sneezing/coughing couple sitting behind us on the flight back)!

Anyways, after nursing my boys (and my wife - she caught it too) back to health (reason I missed our first MORG), finally caught up to me Sunday!

This one was a nasty mean flu bug season: chills, fever and severe congestion! I was out for the count; sleeping it off last couple of days!

Ok, trying to resume the adventure (w/temp light out)! :)

Hey Brenton, I am planning to bring my D2 to the next MORG. Glad to chat with you re: curr mods and future plans.

Looks like you have a fairly good head start already including rebuilt front drive shaft. That's my next!

Coming soon for me (to take care of the longer rear over hang on our D2) = Rovertym new rear bumper for D2!

I will also have your Tread lightly sticker! Talk to you soon!

Archived