Visiting the MORG

Disco2Guy

Hey everyone-

I'd like to get your input on going to the first MORG at Hollister. My RTE springs should arrive sometime next week and was planning on installing them Saturday, the day of the first MORG. Should I put off the install till Sunday so I can make it with my stock setup? If I don't make the first one in March I will surely be there in April because I will have my RTE sliders installed by then too. I've been wanting to hit up Hollister since I got RovrFlo and would feel pretty bad about missing the first gathering there. I think it would be good to go with my stock setup to make a comparison after getting the lift. What do you think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd second go.....there are a bunch of stockers out there. Take off any thing under the doors and TAKE IT EASY...that way you can see what you are going to do and can bypass the parts causing damage. Then, you will have a great time and have a "control" to compare to once the lift is in.

Stock LR anything will rock at Hollister...go down 5 fingers, do the green and blue trails...you'll find plenty.

I agree with you stevemd. I haven't been offroad before and have heard how good these are stock, so this would be my only chance to experience that in my truck. The running boards are off, but the brush guard is still on. Any tips for an easy removal? I have a hard time following the install instructions.

I agree with you stevemd. I haven't been offroad before and have heard how good these are stock, so this would be my only chance to experience that in my truck. The running boards are off, but the brush guard is still on. Any tips for an easy removal? I have a hard time following the install instructions.

No need to remove the brush guard... Running boards I would leave at home

Glad to hear you desided to go. It will be my first time out with the club. I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait to put faces and names together. My wife has to work that saturday so it will probably be just me. May bring some friends along for the ride!

By the way, is there a particular place I should put the membership stickers? I want to show up displaying them proudly!

Aloha guys/gals,

I'm getting some air from my family vacation in Hawaii. Awesome trip thus far with one of my off-road trips this week rewarded by a warm ponds for swimming/snorkeling at the end of the trail, etc... More details and photos later.

Re: our Monthly Off-Road gathering, I am excited about this monthly event. Will be a great platform for any special events e.g. winching training and safety tips or just gathering! Plus our exposure to Hollister OHV.

However, I am not particularly fond of "MORG" (the acronym); sounds morbid. When I first glanced at this post (I know it's not the same spelling), I initial thought Morque.

Could we change it to "MORE" for Monthly Off-Road Events? Sounds better IMHO. I would hate to hear jokes that our MORG is dead! :D

And someone from the outside (my wife) not familiar with what MORG stands for said to me that it doesn't have a positive connotation- although she know our club and she loves what we are all doing!

Again, love the idea and what it will bringto us as a club and members; just thinking out loud with better acrynym for our monthly off-road events @ Hollister.

Cheers!

The sticker should say "I've been to the MORG, Thanks NCLR!" MORG is actually something, like RR or Winter Romp in NH, that would be catchy enough that word would spread and visiting rovers would come to get a sticker.....

Archived