1985 110 CSW 3.5 V8

nengelbrecht6

Currently stationed in the UK, but I transfer to Northern California this summer. Looking forward to being part of the NCLR when I get there.

This is my 1985 Land Rover 110 CSW. I bought it from a Brit I work with that couldn't be bothered to do the work himself. I was more than happy to take it off his hands! I've attached before and after photos. Lots of work done to it already and continuing to make improvements as I go.

• 1 month later...

Wow, your 110 looks great. Nice upgrades.

Look into importation before you ship it. I think you would have less trouble with a diesel, since the petrol engines need to be smogged. I am trying to import a truck and shipping is easy, but getting it registered in California can be a nightmare.

Wow, your 110 looks great. Nice upgrades.

Look into importation before you ship it. I think you would have less trouble with a diesel, since the petrol engines need to be smogged. I am trying to import a truck and shipping is easy, but getting it registered in California can be a nightmare.

Teds,

Thanks for your advice. Advice and others' experience is always welcome.

Hopefully my import will be a little easier. As a member of the US military, I have the right to have my vehicle registered in my home state of FL while stationed in CA while I am still active duty. When I retire in a couple of years, however, that may become an issue. I'll be shipping the truck in a couple of months and have already begun the process of having it registered and titled in FL. My hope is that I deal with any problems that may come up ahead of the truck leaving the UK.

Thanks again! I look forward to getting to CA and meeting some of you.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I now have orders taking me to Sunnyvale, CA, for my next duty station. I will be leaving the UK in July after 3 & 1/2 years here. Rig will be shipped late-May. I've already have a title on license plates in FL, so hopefully the import process will be a little easier for me as a result.

Update: I now have orders taking me to Sunnyvale, CA, for my next duty station. I will be leaving the UK in July after 3 & 1/2 years here. Rig will be shipped late-May. I've already have a title on license plates in FL, so hopefully the import process will be a little easier for me as a result.

And the Peninsula Chapter gets a new member!

Welcome to CA!, there are a handful of club members nearby there so let us know if you need anything 😊

Nick,

Let me know if you need it picked up from the port .... we're only a few miles north, towards SF.  Could even give it a test at the local off-road park for you ....

Regards,

Graeme

Nick,

Let me know if you need it picked up from the port .... we're only a few miles north, towards SF.  Could even give it a test at the local off-road park for you ....

Regards,

Graeme

You're a 'giver' Graeme, that's really generous of you.... (let me know if you need a co-pilot ;-)

• 3 months later...

Yeah, but not going to go alone. I'll need someone to show me around a bit. Never been to CA or any of its trails.

No need to go alone, that's what this group is for! Besides having some good company, you can explore more challenging terrain when you've got another truck with you. I had to turn back from two trails yesterday due to snow that I would've definitely tried if I had been with another truck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cooler?  You must be some sort of closet Jeep guy.  Rover guys have temperature corrected refrigerators!

What's that crap about? I rock a Coleman cooler from Costco, and I love my Je ---- errr, Rover.

Archived