Land Rover 101 Owner

Volkov

Well Hello all, my name is Drew, and I finally got around to joining this club! I am the proud owner of a 1977 101FC. Does anyone else in the club have one of these beasts?

Drew,

Welcome to the Club!

We hate you already ... congratulations!  I don't know why but most of us love the FCs.  Yes, someone else in the club does have one and I'll let him speak for himself.

Graeme

Well Hello all, my name is Drew, and I finally got around to joining this club! I am the proud owner of a 1977 101FC. Does anyone else in the club have one of these beasts?

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/were-not-worthy.gif

Hey Drew;  Only other one I know of is... well gee, if Graeme isn't going to say, I suppose I shouldn't either.  :lol:

Awesome to see one and rare to be sure.  Welcome to the club!

:redrrc:

Thanks for all the interest in this truck! Unfortunately, it will probably be another year until it's on the road again. It is going through a frame off restoration right now, with a few modifications being made; R380 transmission, power steering, front and rear air lockers, to name a few. But that's alright, my daily driver is a LR3 so that can get me by for now!

post-855-0-17638200-1432881244_thumb.jpg

Welcome Drew. I think I may have seen that truck on Alameda island. Left a note but never heard from the owner.

You're doing some nice improvements to it! Look forward to seeing it.

BTW- It is my brother who owns a FC and a Unimog (soon to go on the market).

I am just over the half way point now. The truck is completely disassembled and I am slowly blasting painting and reassembling everything. I hope to have the frame finished in the next few weeks and then I can really start putting it back together.

DiscoChef, that was my truck you saw. I remember that note. That's actually why I joined, I hadn't forgotten about that. I hadn't joined sooner because my truck has been down for almost two years. Life got in the way and prevented me from making much progress for a while. But I acquired that LR3 a few months ago, so now I have a driveable Rover again.

As much time as I spend in Alameda how did I miss this??

Regardless, hope to see it on the trails soon!  In the meantime I understand LR3s can play in the dirt too.... :)

Hey Drew.  Welcome to the club.

And Enrique would know who owns that 101, but his is a pre 75 :)

As much time as I spend in Alameda how did I miss this??

Regardless, hope to see it on the trails soon!  In the meantime I understand LR3s can play in the dirt too.... :)

I actually got chased down by a gentleman in a Pinzgauer in Alameda one time...

So being new to the club. How does it work here? Are there any regular meets, or is it just organized camping trips?

MORG's..Monthly Off Road Gatherings.  Next at Hollister, first Sat of the Month. It moves around.

There is a Fordyce trip, a High Sierra's trip, and the Oregon trip all coming up.

There are Drips in the Dirt/get togethers in Sac and Peninsula.

There is a wrenching day this weekend in Sac at Justin's shop, a BBQ at CT Motorwerks (Colin's new shop) in WC coming up.

There is an Annual Event in October.

AND, if you have any ideas of place to go/thing to do....we love new ideas.

just off the top of my head. So, yes?

You can also check out the NCLR calendar.  We usually keep it up to date.  Check out the top categories for the major parts of the site (Forum, Member list, Calendar, Store)

Also, you can add a background to your profile.  Personally, I would recommend another photo of the 101FC, but that's just me.

Calendar link

So in case it wasn't clear, we do have regular events.  The MORGs are the first saturday of each month, and the Drip in the Dirt is a dinner gathering on the peninsula on the 3rd thrusday of each month.  We also have a DitD type get-together on the 4th Thursday in Sacramento.  Otherwise yeah, we have lots of non-regular outings and events as noted.

By far the best way to keep up is just checking in here from time to time.  Or daily.  Or hourly.  Heck, just keep the browser window open....

So, for anyone interested in what the 101 looks like currently, this was a rear cross-member replacement that I did last weekend. The keen eyed observer will note that in the photo where the cross-member is completely removed, a mouse had decided to build a house in the left frame rail

post-855-0-22307300-1433122375_thumb.jpg

post-855-0-64389500-1433122433_thumb.jpg

post-855-0-16275000-1433122546_thumb.jpg

post-855-0-31261000-1433122580_thumb.jpg

post-855-0-76701000-1433122609_thumb.jpg

Hey Welcome.

Yes, we do get together; and sometimes improperly like today after the Carnegie Workshop hanging out with the two brothers Enrique who

introduced himself here to you, and Carlos (covered by the flag) who owns a 101FC like yourself also covered (restoration process).

post-410-0-95139300-1433126237_thumb.jpg

Hey Welcome.

Yes, we do get together; and sometimes improperly like today after the Carnegie Workshop hanging out with the two brothers Enrique who

introduced himself here to you, and Carlos (covered by the flag) who owns a 101FC like yourself also covered (restoration process).

Ron,

Is that another Pacifico advert?

Graeme

Archived