Gauging Interest: Shaver Lake Snow Run, Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2015

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be picking up the kids from school at 3:30 in San Mateo and can head down and meet up for a convoy.

Mark

How about we meet at the parking lot at Woodside & 280 at 3:45? I'll send you my phone number in a PM. If anyone else wants to join the "secondary convoy" please PM me with you cell phone number. I will be on HAM 146.460 and CB channel 7.

Brenton, I will meet you at Camp Edison along with anyone else who wants to convoy with me.

Quick question

Any shooting ranges out there or near by?

Would love to go shooting Sunday morning before heading out.

I was unable to find anything on google

Nothing I know of specifically. Though I do think we should put something on the calendar. I could always throw something in the truck just in case we find anything. Need to see what sort of ammo I have on-hand....I haven't been shooting in ages since the Great Ammo Riots of '08.

if there was a place to shoot i would be interested. i love shooting!

Nothing I know of specifically. Though I do think we should put something on the calendar. I could always throw something in the truck just in case we find anything. Need to see what sort of ammo I have on-hand....I haven't been shooting in ages since the Great Ammo Riots of '08.

Hate to put a damper on 2nd amendment rights, but I thought we had a policy of no weapons on official trips or at least locked up and concealed while offroading.

This policy came about years ago b/c at a SCLR event an incident occurred when children were present. Anyhow it could bring liability problems to the club.

Why wouldnt they be locked up while offroading? Like we'd be shooting out the window like a hillbilly?

He was asking (at leat i think) about a place to target shoot as many of us civilized folk do in a fashion always observing the 3 rules of safe weapon handling.

Hate to put a damper on 2nd amendment rights, but I thought we had a policy of no weapons on official trips or at least locked up and concealed while offroading.

This policy came about years ago b/c at a SCLR event an incident occurred when children were present. Anyhow it could bring liability problems to the club.

Remember everyone, lets be respectful.

Rupert,

You are correct. Article XII Section 8 Firearms of our Bylaws state:

"Federal, State, and local firearm laws will be adhered to by NCLR members, and member guest(s) at NCLR club sanctioned events. All firearms will be carried/stored in compliance with applicable laws. Furthermore, failure to abide by said firearm laws, or unsafe handling of firearms, shall be grounds for immediate removal of member, and/or guest(s) by the Event Leader."

This should be common sense, and if club members want to have a range day, they should plan something outside of the club as it would not be club sponsored.

Guns are such a loaded topic. >>ducks

Anyway, we're going to be at the Chevron & Starbucks from about 8:15-8:30AM and will take off toward Gilroy if anyone wants to meet up with us. Can't wait for Shaver Lake... and admittedly I'm already thinking about the pizza joint. ::amuse::

-Jared

Remember everyone, lets be respectful.

Rupert,

You are correct. Article XII Section 8 Firearms of our Bylaws state:

"Federal, State, and local firearm laws will be adhered to by NCLR members, and member guest(s) at NCLR club sanctioned events. All firearms will be carried/stored in compliance with applicable laws. Furthermore, failure to abide by said firearm laws, or unsafe handling of firearms, shall be grounds for immediate removal of member, and/or guest(s) by the Event Leader."

This should be common sense, and if club members want to have a range day, they should plan something outside of the club as it would not be club sponsored.

Hi Erin,

No ill will here. Just looking for clarification.

Based on what you quoted I see nothing that prohibits safe and lawful use of firearms assuming it is otherwise legal to do so? On public forrest land shooting is permitted by law as long as it is done in a safe manner and the distance minimums from roads and structures are met. The exception would be in a place otherwise posted as strictly prohibited by law.

Not trying to ruffle any liberal feathers but where do your rules actually prohibit it?

Fwiw shooting up there isn't a big deal to me if some just don't like it, etc., I have regular opportunities to practice anyway . However it was brought up with interest from a few so this conversation is valid. I'm trying to figure out 2 things here- is it technically prohibited or do some members just not like firearms? Either is fine I would just like some clarification.

Technically anything legal done in an unsafe or irresponsible manner can be dangerous. This includes driving, consuming alcohol, smoking, running with scissors, etc. I detest cigarettes personally but I tolerate others doing it.

I just had to ask >.>

I called the camp site up and they said the closest they know of a OUTDOOR range is in Fresno. So no go.

Had stewarts automotive donate me 3 cases of beer for helping them out, Luckily for you guys I'm not a big beer guy so I'll be bringing some extras

Archived