Gauging Interest: Shaver Lake Snow Run, Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2015

So yeah Sunday looks like I'll be leaving fairly early and heading up towards Sonora

Some customer contacted me about someone he had known who passed with TONS of series 2, 2a, 3 parts.

Going to go get a Uhaul trailer and fill er up on the way home.

:D

He's got several front grilles that would be perfect for some wall art

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the case that Colin is not able to make it I can take the trail lead spot for group 2, unless someone else would like to volunteer. I do have a truck mounted HAM now however i can only monitor a single band with it.

Tyler, depending on when you are going to be there we may be able to meet you at the Starbucks in the middle of Los Banos off of Highway 152 and caravan the rest of the way.

I have Lutz lined up to be Group 2 Trail Leader and HAM contact if Colin can't make it.

NCLR flags will available to purchase for $20 if you don't have one. You'll need to supply the pole, but it come with short but wide zip ties.

Tyler, I think Graeme (technically it's Lucas) and Mark Draffen (drafdog) are on the same afternoon schedule as you. Double check with them.

I sent Mark a PM, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I will be leaving from Woodside around 3:30 P.M, if anyone else wants to join. I just sent Lucas a text, so I will see about him.

I also have a 75w HAM in my truck, and a good working knowledge of protocol if one of the groups needs a HAM operator. Other than that put me down for Group 1.

So yeah Sunday looks like I'll be leaving fairly early and heading up towards Sonora

Some customer contacted me about someone he had known who passed with TONS of series 2, 2a, 3 parts.

Going to go get a Uhaul trailer and fill er up on the way home.

:D

He's got several front grilles that would be perfect for some wall art

Keep me in mind..I need wall art!

I sent Mark a PM, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I will be leaving from Woodside around 3:30 P.M, if anyone else wants to join. I just sent Lucas a text, so I will see about him.

I also have a 75w HAM in my truck, and a good working knowledge of protocol if one of the groups needs a HAM operator. Other than that put me down for Group 1.

Tyler,

I think I read 3:45pm at the Park and Ride by I280 (on Woodside Rd) somewhere didn't I ? ... is that still the plan? We should be good for that.

If I get time I'll have my 75W radio installed (maybe temporary, like the 9 minute 'temporary' wiring of the fog lamps three years ago, that is still in the same state ...). If not, the hand-held on a mag mount.

Regards,

Graeme

We're getting closer....Tomorrow I get to head home and pack the truck, then on the road Friday morning!

WooHoo - I need a mountain fix!

You might need some space for your traction jack..... I'm hoping you get yours tomorrow.

You might need some space for your traction jack..... I'm hoping you get yours tomorrow.

Well, there's little doubt both FedEx and UPS know where I live. Between Michele and me they seem to drop stuff off about 3 times a week.

If they arrive, I'll find a place for them!

Tyler,

I think I read 3:45pm at the Park and Ride by I280 (on Woodside Rd) somewhere didn't I ? ... is that still the plan? We should be good for that.

If I get time I'll have my 75W radio installed (maybe temporary, like the 9 minute 'temporary' wiring of the fog lamps three years ago, that is still in the same state ...). If not, the hand-held on a mag mount.

Regards,

Graeme

Yes. That is still plan. I just wasn't sure anyone was planning on meeting me. Lucas should have my cell number in case we need to get in contact.

Just pulled out and sorted all the gear.

For the D2 folks, what are you bringing for spares (if any)? I'll have front and rear driveshafts, and serp belt.

For RRC I will have distributor cap, ignition amp module, starter, belt kit, O2 sensor and some other odds and ends. Superstitiously, I'll also be wearing my Lucas shirt to ward off electrical gremlins (still need to figure out the door actuator system, in case anyone gets bored up at camp...)

-Jared

trucks almost ready just the last few items. Does anyone have abs Amigo they can bring?

Ill be bringing our Diagnostic PDA as well to check and reset lights if needed.

I will have front and rear axles, a drive shaft if we have one as well as a crankshaft position sensor.

I'll be there early AM and be riding along with mr. Mcclung on the 830 run! Anyone need any parts for their classic or d1?? I'm taking my truck up, so I can load her up!

Too bad you already sold those RTE trailing arms you had listed on Defender source, Had there not been a line of people already i would have hit you up for them. Cest la vie.. :)

Brenton,

AAA card. Oh, and a 10mm deep socket and two hose clips. I'm hoping Collin brings his punch set .... as I don't have a spare key.

Graeme

Haha, I too have a AAA card. I've removed the deep sockets years ago, but I do have the hose clamps. Just don't go snowshoeing to the top of Bald Mountain and you'll be all set;)

Archived