Tepui Fest 2014

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bought the 6 ft awning! Tepui will bring it to hollister and Rob will be picking it up for me. Can't wait to set it up!

Got a 10% discount for being an NCLR member.

Awesome!

Will even test it for you under the hot sun to be under the shared/enjoying cold Pacificos j/k

I would volunteer and help out but i will be in Washington DC. Maybe next year.

Have fun!

AA

Ok Antonio; will hope to see you next year.

While you are in DC, remind our President to use the Antiquities Act (hope everyone is familiar with it) to establish more national monuments starting with the Owyhee Canyons of Southeastern Oregon (which we may visit during the Oregon Discovery Trail). We also want him to support the bill to protect million of acres in the Mojave Desert of California and have a place for trail access for us and generations to enjoy. Ok, back to your regular scheduled forum ::blink1::

Ok Antonio; will hope to see you next year.

While you are in DC, remind our President to use the Antiquities Act (hope everyone is familiar with it) to establish more national monuments starting with the Owyhee Canyons of Southeastern Oregon (which we may visit during the Oregon Discovery Trail). We also want him to support the bill to protect million of acres in the Mojave Desert of California and have a place for trail access for us and generations to enjoy. Ok, back to your regular scheduled forum ::blink1::

I will relay your message.:-)

I will relay your message.:-)

::amuse:: Thanks!

And example of Antiquities Act, a big portion of the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles is now a National Monument: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Obama-to-Declare-the-San-Gabriel-Mountains-a-National-Monument-278717271.html

1993 Camel Trophy Sabah-Malyasia lawn, or 1995 Mundo Maya? Will get Bill Burke to cut your grass. ::amuse::

Okay... well maybe not a jungle... but the grass is getting a little long.

I'd rather ask Bill come out to Hollister and have him show us how to build a teeter-totter out of logs... ::blink1::

-Jared

Wait, does this mean both red and black are going? Did you forgo the jungle work?

Yeah but I did get the Halloween lights up and that was the most important thing. Gotta light up the jungle for Halloween.

Camel trophy run in Jared's yard this weekend.

Still available! ::bigsmile::

-Jared

Another great weekend @ Hollister Hills SVRA during http://www.Tepui.com Fest. 4x4 trail run, spotting and winch clinic. However, a bit an issue; my CT Defender 110 ended its day early with driver error (mine) burnt the clutch. Rest of the day doesn't mean it was ruined - parked the Defender, continued by riding shot gun in Enrique's LR3, helped lead a trail run, spot, and enjoyed the rest of the day at camp with good food, music, drinks, company and over night camping. Next day, thank goodness for AAA membership 100 mile free towing; the Defender is now back at home; ready for a new clutch.

Sounds fun. Sorry to hear about your CT. I'll take it off you hands for half your asking price...::nuts::

Rob picked up my Tepui awning. I was looking at the ARB but wanted to support our sponsors. Can't wait to mount it!

Saturday was a long and hot day, but a very good success! There were a lot of people who came up and thanked us for all of the clinics and information we provided. If I could only turn that into my day job instead of making video games...

Also, I left my hat and shemagh near the kitchen I think. Ron, or Enrique, did either of you happen find it when you were packing up?

I have a picture like that Ron:[ATTACH]5508[/ATTACH]

Actually I have alot of pics like that, just none recently (knock on wood)

Fake. I've seen the CT videos and I refuse to believe these trucks aren't indestructible.

That is all.

-Jared

The videos don't show the 6 foot deep trenches they dig to change the clutch, transmission, t case, etc. There is a pic of a complete front axle swap done over night. They abused them and fixed them. We just don't have a fleet of support trucks carrying every conceivable spare. [ATTACH]5509[/ATTACH]

And BTW the above support truck was for sale and if I could figure out at way to drive them both at the same time I would have bought it (oh and i'm not allowed to buy anymore LR's for awhile as we have 2 plus my dad's which we all know will become Roxson's and then I'll have to get one for Shawnery....hmmmm 4 rovers, better hit the lotto)

better hit the lotto

The lotto will only buy the trucks... you'll have to hit it again just to keep them up and running! ::bigsmile::

I keep saying, "okay I'm done with the big repairs... now it'll get cheaper." Still waiting...

-Jared

Fake. I've seen the CT videos and I refuse to believe these trucks aren't indestructible.

As it happened, I videoed the slow and high revving, smokey death of the CT's clutch. When the NCLR puts on a recovery class it goes the whole hog and gets AAA involved.

The videos don't show the 6 foot deep trenches they dig to change the clutch, transmission, t case, etc. There is a pic of a complete front axle swap done over night. They abused them and fixed them. We just don't have a fleet of support trucks carrying every conceivable spare. [ATTACH]5509[/ATTACH]

Clearly you've never been on the Dusy or Rubi with Colin and Lutz ... ;-)

Archived