Oregon run 2015?

Sorry, i could not make it to dinner last night. I had to work late. I will go with the route the trip leaders elect. I hope the schedule for this trip and the trip to Peru works out. I been planning a trip to Peru and it was supposed to happen in May but it had to be push to June due to the permit availability to hike the Inca trail. That trip to Peru is the last week of June and I think this trip is around Mid June right. Anyway, i hope i can make it to both trips.

AA

No worries.

Bear and his wife showed up, and then later Jared and Erin arrived. Both missed each other but I got the opp to talk to both. We talked about the following:

- Finalize the dates

- Finalize the routes

- Idea on what to bring/packing list

- Calculate fuel stops and camping. Perhaps consider hotel option for others who may want to hotel it 1st and/or last night before hitting the wilderness for 5 days.

- Wrenching Day prior to the trip

- Shake down of the vehicles prior to the trip (time it with the MORG or trip to Hollister)

- Ham cram session

- Special equipment list e.g. chainsaw

- Emergency contacts

- Spare parts list/planning

Will have most of the info in the trip details once we start planning and collection details

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are your main concerns, or need guidance on? Your truck has the right setup for a trip like that. The best thing you can do is make sure it's is in good mechanical order, carry appropriate spares (and fluids), pack clothes for all four seasons of weather, and decide what your food plan is if you don't have an ARB.

I really really want to do this trip, but I'm going to need your guys' guidance. Would be my first trip of this magnitude.

The 2010 Oregon trip was my first off road multi day overland trip (brought my 7 year old as well) and it was a blast! Honestly the hardest part was figuring out the meals and how to pack the cooler for a multi day trip. I ended up using a 62qt Coleman Extreme cooler with dry ice and had no problems.

If you have any questions the group is here to help out. My advice is to go for it!

Route 3 looks really nice.

I have the guidebook for Route 3 and it's probably what I'm most interested in right now -- I'm working with the dates of:

June 13th (Saturday) - June 21st (Sunday) [note... it may be shorter, but we should consider that with adding Route 3 we may need the final weekend as well.]

I'll do more research and be back with you all.

Ron, I think folks are getting antsy for locked-down dates. Can we say that the trip is starting on June 13th and ending between either the 19th to the 21st (depending on trail length)?

-Jared

OK I have mentally committed to taking the LR4 to OR and then the CT on the Sierra trip. This means my plan has worked perfectly woohahahahahahaha. So now sliders, dual battery, and HAM radio install shall commence. Hopefully BFG will have their 255/50/R20 AT's out by then (and I already ordered the Green Oval rods shhh).

Ron, I think folks are getting antsy for locked-down dates. Can we say that the trip is starting on June 13th and ending between either the 19th to the 21st (depending on trail length)?

-Jared

Let's do that. Locked down these dates June 13-21st; most likely will just need up to 19th. Cool!

Also if you can scan the Route 3 Book and send me a copy. I am leaning towards this also.

Cheers!

I don't think we'll be able to go.

Sorry to hear Bear; but keep in touch because if we all leave Saturday June 13 and plan for a return let's day Friday Feb 19; we can take a look at an early return for those who need to be back by 18th.

For example, on my 2nd trip to Oregon, we had a few guys leave a day or two early due to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a sign up for people interested? I am working on my schedule and the kids (ages 11, 8 and 5) want to know if there will be any other young people going!

Do we have an itinerary yet (or did I miss it?) I still have to confirm, but it looks like I need to be in Vallejo for setup for the Pirate Festival by about Weds. the 17th, so I need to see where we'll be on the 16th to plan my early departure. Not sure I can make this work at all with having to leave so early, but I'm still hoping.

Do we have an itinerary yet (or did I miss it?) I still have to confirm, but it looks like I need to be in Vallejo for setup for the Pirate Festival by about Weds. the 17th, so I need to see where we'll be on the 16th to plan my early departure. Not sure I can make this work at all with having to leave so early, but I'm still hoping.

Hi Dan -- We have confirmed dates for coverage (June 13th-21st), but they are subject to change based on the route planning (will likely only need a portion of those days...) I'm working through Route 3 in the guides and will come back to the thread soon with a rough outline. Sorry for the delay.

Also, I'm trying to plan an 'exit' path about 2/3rds through the trip for folks who can't hang for the entire run -- essentially we'll try to get near a highway and provide a route for folks to divert if needed.

Jared

• 2 weeks later...

Gomer Pyle used to say "suprise, suprise, suprise"

What's the surpise Tom?

Anyways, let's make this trip happen! I have the said time as approved vac from work.

So our 1st planning @ Mexxis was to talk about dates/routes and to decide on the dates/route.  Now we have the dates and route 3, next let's have a second mtg to discuss logistics.

Glad to hear Enrique is thinking about this trip! 

Archived