Oregon run 2015?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that some of the interested members have been talking about using the 2015 Oregon run as a precursor for a larger event in 2016 that would have a convoy run the Great Divide Expedition trail. There was some early discussion on this thread about the GDE.

And yes, I am interested in both.

-Jared

Ron,

Did u start a thread on a Oregon trip for next yr?

Any plans for Baja in 2015?

Not yet but we should. Care to co-lead or help me plan this trip. We can discuss during the annual; appears to have enough interest.

We need to decide which sections of the Oregon Back Country Discovery route to tackle; two of the prev NCLR trips I attended, been thru sections 1-4.

http://www.oohva.org/images/STATE_MAP_BCDR_web.png

Like to talk to either Redwood City or Rocklin LR; see if we can bring a new Land Rover Discovery on this Oregon Back Country Discovery trip; should be out by 2015.

Agree - this will be the pre-cursor for a 2016 Great Divide Trip.

Not yet but we should. Care to co-lead or help me plan this trip. We can discuss during the annual; appears to have enough interest.

We need to decide which sections of the Oregon Back Country Discovery route to tackle; two of the prev NCLR trips I attended, been thru sections 1-4.

Hi Ron; I'd like to assist by helping with planning/logistics. Let me know how I can be useful. ::amuse::

-Jared

http://www.oohva.org/images/STATE_MAP_BCDR_web.png

Like to talk to either Redwood City or Rocklin LR; see if we can bring a new Land Rover Discovery on this Oregon Back Country Discovery trip; should be out by 2015.

Even without knowing anything about the routes beyond this map, it's obvious that sections 1-4 are the best. You can tell because they are all squiggly. And squiggly lines on maps are always the best. ::bigsmile::

Even without knowing anything about the routes beyond this map, it's obvious that sections 1-4 are the best. You can tell because they are all squiggly. And squiggly lines on maps are always the best. ::bigsmile::

I don't know Don -- Route 3 has that terrifying, wide sweeping curve at the top...

-Jared

Hey Ulises, we have a social media presence (from the homepage):

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/967c8b9d2be6b4299c61934594992af2.jpg

I see occasional posts on Google+ (my 'dipped toe' in the social media pool)

Jared

Land Rover USA replied to my tweets when I posted pictures of HH. We had a good back and forth conversation...maybe we can open some more dialogue with them about some sponsoring for such a big trip? If needed I can make a twitter account for NCLR? Not sure how you guys feel about that.

That's really cool that they did that. Did they retweet your photo? ::amuse::

-Jared

maybe we can open some more dialogue with them about some sponsoring for such a big trip?

Tweet them back about this future 2015 big trip; and say wouldn't it be great to see the brand new Discovery on our Oregon Back Country Discovery Trail; link the map above.

Tell them, "wouldn't it be great to document the heritage of LR by having not one, not two, but 3 (and possibly 4)* CT110's trekking through the woods with a new Disco5, Disco sport, etc?"

*nudge to Ron to get the dust off his CT and i'm sure I could convince Shayne and Bill to join if LR USA will be there.

Archived