Land Rover Parts, Wrenching, BBQ Lunch and 4x4 Trails

Hey Club Members and Friends,

Justin and I are talking about having a wrenching and BBQ lunch hosted by British Recyclers in Rancho Cordova: http://britishrecyclers.com/?product_cat=lndrover sometime either late October or early November.

Rancho Cordova is about 1 hr and 35 mins away from Oakland

We did something similar with Justin when he was with Land Rover Parts Planet and it was a huge success.

Folks can pick/pull and buy their parts, used the help of others and tools avail to install then, lunch and then optional afternoon trip to Prairie City SVRA (smaller brother SVRA of Hollister) in Rancho Cordova: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221

Also good way to build those spare parts - don''t leave home for the 4x4 trails w/o them

I know my local Land Rover dealership has stopped carrying parts for my DII. Leaving me to rely on ordering parts online e.g. from Atlantic British, but sometimes shipping is costly. Now there's an alternative place I can check for parts @ British Recyclers. Not only for classics e.g. RRC and DIs & DIIs, but for LR3s and some of the other newer Land Rovers.

Perhaps we can do this on a quarterly basis depending on turn-out.

Note: not all the Land Rovers for parts are showing on the website; ask or email Justin if you have any Qs

Anyone interested? Suggested weekend dates? Justin can chime in and add his comments. Let's make this happen.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for getting this posted and going Ron :)

Little bit about my company... British Recyclers started earlier this year. We are a used parts dismantler / recycler specifically for British made vehicles (Primarily Jaguar / Land Rover). Essentially we buy wrecked cars and part them out with a warranty. Prior to opening British Recyclers I had worked for Parts Planet (Old Specialized British Recyclers) for three years.

Luckily I'm located within 10 Miles of Prairie City SVRA, so BBQing / parts prior to going off roading sounds like a good time.

I'd like to host the event near October / November so everything is fully prepared.

We had thought of some ideas of what we could do for you guys, We are going to be scrapping several land rovers in the next 2-3 months. I'm going to keep them all aside and possibly have you guys rip them apart in a 15-30 minute time span. What ever is taken is free essentially.

As well "Beat a Freelander with a sledgehammer for charity" event. Maybe have it so its $1.00 / Swing at the Freelander. All the proceeds are donated to a good cause / foundation of choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Im thinking Nov 8th?

Does that work?

Looking at the calendar, the Lost Coast trip is tentatively scheduled for the week afterward (14th-16th.) A wrenching day the week before a trip sounds just about right to me.

-Jared

Beat a Freelander with a sledgehammer for charity

Wow, no love for the Freelander... probably doesn't deserve any -- i'll take a few swings. For $5 do we get to use a Sawzall? ::nuts::

I added this event to the NCLR calendar as tentatively scheduled for November 8th.

-Jared

Wow, no love for the Freelander... probably doesn't deserve any -- i'll take a few swings. For $5 do we get to use a Sawzall? ::nuts::

I added this event to the NCLR calendar as tentatively scheduled for November 8th.

-Jared

Sweet, thanks for adding it.

There may as well be some other rovers showing up, I will be cross posting this on LandroverForums as we are a sponsor there so you may see several other rigs.

Already placed the BBQ order with Swingle meat

I should have a flyer done shortly to pass around at the annual

I will be cross posting this on LandroverForums as we are a sponsor there so you may see several other rigs.

Wha?!? ::blink:: You're a sponsor of them but not us? ::cry::

Look at how amazing your logo would look on our sponsorship list...

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/br_tile.jpg

-Jared

Wha?!? ::blink:: You're a sponsor of them but not us? ::cry::

Look at how amazing your logo would look on our sponsorship list...

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/br_tile.jpg

-Jared

Actually we plan on being a sponsor, Going to most likely pay in the next week or so :D

-Jared

If $5 gets you the Sawzall, how much for the acetylene torch?

Hey, the Hi-Lift people are always showing on Youtube how you can use a Hi-Lift as the Jaws of Life - that could be fun.

If $5 gets you the Sawzall, how much for the acetylene torch?

Hey, the Hi-Lift people are always showing on Youtube how you can use a Hi-Lift as the Jaws of Life - that could be fun.

If i'm going to pay more than $5, it needs to go boom. C-4, anyone? ::bigsmile::

-Jared

Archived