Red Rover Project #1: New Exhaust

erinw.rrc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am. But let's get it going soon. I was planning on ordering this week

Agreed. Tomorrow is final day to get in on the group buy. Here's what I have so far:

Me: Orange Kit, RRC

Tom: ? Kit, Disco II?

Pedram: ? Kit, Disco I

Jason: ? Kit, ?

I need to know the truck and Polybush type you're interested in.

-Jared

Okay folks, here's what we've got thus far:

Me: Orange, RRC

Tom: Orange, 1996 Disco I

Pedram: Orange, Disco I

Jason: Orange, 1996 Disco I

Last chance if anyone else wants in... I'll call tomorrow around noon.

-Jared

Okay folks, here's what we've got thus far:

Me: Orange, RRC

Tom: Orange, 1996 Disco I

Pedram: Orange, Disco I

Jason: Orange, 1996 Disco I

Jared,

I was going to keep quiet on this ... but ...

Just make sure that people know what they are buying as the standard kit type are not the better "hardcore" Polybushes which are bonded onto metal like the original rubber. The standard kit is split poly like most others, but are dispensed cast and cured, not cheap injection molded like some other makes. The radius arm bushes alone will be around $320 (front and rear) for the hardcore whereas the normal complete kit should come out around $210, plus shipping.

Orange is a good choice for LRs as blue is too soft for all but serious trail rigs. I only use red on my old road cars (make a Triumph handle like it should have done).

Regards,

Graeme

Jared,

I was going to keep quiet on this ... but ...

Glad you didn't, Graeme. I wasn't aware of the difference, but feel more informed. I think I'll try this standard kit and see how it fares.

-Jared

So just to be clear we are ordering these:

http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=3018

Correct?

Correct.

And how about bushingfest 2014? Over on Jared's bushing thread I purposed 3 weekend in Oct. does that work for anyone?

Works for me. I already penciled it in & I'll post it on the calendar shortly.

-Jared

Thanks Graeme. The Orange/Medium should work fine for my poser-rig helping it to creak, knock and jolt less on the pot-hole ridden, speed bump infused driveway at Coco's school. May also handle a little firmer on the roadway on those all too rare occasions where it actually leaves the pavement ;-)

Parts are ordered. Discount isn't huge because his margin on Polybush isn't very big (I think it comes out to about $200 each)... He says that the parts should be in stock on Monday and will send them out shortly thereafter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jared

Parts are ordered. Discount isn't huge because his margin on Polybush isn't very big (I think it comes out to about $200 each)... He says that the parts should be in stock on Monday and will send them out shortly thereafter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jared

Thanks Jared! As for shipping, are they all going to the same place? your place? Or did you ship them directly To BushingPalooza HQ?? Haha... We can settle up at the Peninsula gathering... /to

Thanks Jared! As for shipping, are they all going to the same place? your place? Or did you ship them directly To BushingPalooza HQ?? Haha... We can settle up at the Peninsula gathering... /to

I had them shipped to my house... I'll bring them out early that AM to Jason's place and will sell them out of the back of my truck, first-come-first-served... hopefully the folks that ordered them are the first to show up. ::bigsmile::

-Jared

Archived