PISMO, Fail. Epic Fail.

Fun times for a small turn out. Today, I mounted the GoPro on the drag link, set it on wide angle, and hoped for the best. The results are awesome! Here's the first video. I'll get the rest up tomorrow.

The only issue was that I couldn't get into lo range. The same problem occurred on the DV trip last year.

[video=youtube;2I3gKiGaQiA]

The shadow of your hi lift looks like you've got an assault rifle mounted on your bumper.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey B, I keep hearing a clicking sound on your videos. It sounds like a u joint needs greasing. Might want to check that before Shaver. Great shots. Nick that tire carrier is awesome. Who made that?? David your ride is beautiful. Sorry I missed out on this too.... I never get a break.

• 3 weeks later...
Isn't the new new obstacle course awesome! crazy obstacles. wound through it with my buddy Jim in our Tacos a while back.

Oh Mark,you have been offroad deprived my friend. We need to take you out side with your Barney mobile.

• 3 weeks later...
yup, Michele and I are planning to be there. Unfortunately I expect the new armor will just be arriving then so I won't have a chance to get in installed prior but that won't stop me from testing a limit or two.

yup, Michele and I are planning to be there. Unfortunately I expect the new armor will just be arriving then so I won't have a chance to get in installed prior but that won't stop me from testing a limit or two.

Luckily Hollister is pretty tame terrain, well, unless you are doing the new rock climbing obstacle course - haha! :)

If Tactical is able to add in my sliders with steps in this order, I already contacted Pedram about helping me install them. Because I have to move up the EAS with the new bracket, I did not want to tackle it alone. Plus, these sliders are heavy!

I do plan to be there saturday. Pedram should be done with my rock sliders by then.

I don't think i need them but will be nice to have.

Be ready for muddy trails and a wet day.

AA

With all this rain coming, it's going to be quite wet. I guess that's a refreshing change from the usual dust bowl of Hollister Hills SVRA. :)

I'll be at Hollister this Saturday. Anyone else coming out to play?

Sad to say, I have a dead Rover. Not sure whats wrong yet, cranks fine but doesn't start. So either fuel or computer. My money is on a bad Crank Position Sensor, but I have to get under the hood this weekend and find out for sure. You folks have fun!

I am planning on being there. Going to do a brief initial Sierra Expedition planning meeting if enough people show. Might bring my lil man, and I think my dad is coming.

Chris,

What time are you all meeting? We couldn't find it posted on here anywhere. I think Jared is going, but was curious about the time, and might be bringing his dad. I, sadly, will not be able to attend.

-E

I just downloaded a $2 navigation app. cant wait to try it out on the trails.

Oh, I want to download it too! :-)

See you guys around 10AM. I am bringing my usual off-roading buddy and then Josh from the North Bay will be following me down in his LR3. Barron, he was there before as well.

Looking forward to it - will be nice and wet!

Archived