OFFICIAL: 5th Annual NCLR Shaver Lake Snow Run, Feb. 10-12, 2012

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I just realized that I free loaded and never paid for my spot at the campsite so just let me know who I owe what (no blank check comments either as I'm sure most of you upstanding citizens would not take advantage of me) but the rest of you I worry about :)

Let's call it towing charges and we'll call it quits ....

Regards,

Graeme

Hopefully, Collin will give mine back ....

Graeme

Not if he breaks that as well.

Lutz I love the video. Great pick on the song. And the wide angle came out really cool.

Working on a compilation but here's a bumper cam shot of a fun section.

[video=youtube;IuN94skMO4A]

It's funny. This time you can actually see the ground!

We got home ok too, except once we started going down the mountain the LR3 shook like crazy over 40mph. I noticed the front right wheel weight was missing from the bead popping off on the trail. We got to A tire shop in Clovis finally. They looked at it and found a gallon of water in the tire. I thought that was pretty funny and a relief. Any way $20 bucks later we were on our way again this time cruising at 70+. I just wanted to thank everyone who help me out and made this a fun trip!!

As stated previously and in person, great trip, Brenton. Thanks for all the work and the leadership. We had a little of everything and then some.

30 minutes before I got home I crossed some railroad tracks and heard a clanking sound. Pulled over to find my rear sway bar dragging on the ground. The welds broke, but it was still attached via the bolts. Was unable to remove the nuts/bolts with my lack of strength (they were pretty stuck) but was lucky enough to be within 200 yards of a service station. Pulled in and 15 minutes and $10 later, i was back on the road. Also found that my driver's side axle stop is broken. Not too shabby given the punishment, especially the high-speed descent in the dark.

Dude...I almost had a heart attack watching at about 11 min in. He came so close to a flip!!! Awesome trip so so so so so bummed I missed it.

And the funny part was Chuck trying to stop Mike from flipping over with his Camel Trophy by his hands. Yeah..... Right!!!! I hope you don't do that again Chuck! Good reflexes though.! LOL

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I missed this trip this year. Next year for sure.

I will watch the video later when i get home and get my popcorn ready. :-)

You didn't miss out Antonio. Your RRC was there on your behalf at 7:19

Wow! Tippy! So glad to see that the Camel Trophy didn't gain anymore 'character' on the trip.

I must say that the LR3s in stock form took that pretty well. There is something to be said for all the electronics, traction control and extra lift from air suspension they have incorporated, even though many see it is as a crutch. Pretty impressive...

Maybe next year we will join in the festivities...

Wow! .....

I must say that the LR3s in stock form took that pretty well. There is something to be said for all the electronics, traction control and extra lift from air suspension they have incorporated......

Yes, but wait till the electronics fail on you when you really need it. 3 amigos ring a bell.... or chime ? WARNING WARNING !!! Your tire is slipping and I can't help you ABORT ABORT!!! (sirens blaring)

And the funny part was Chuck trying to stop Mike from flipping over with his Camel Trophy by his hands. Yeah..... Right!!!! I hope you don't do that again Chuck! Good reflexes though.! LOL

We love these trucks so much we are willing to lose life and limb in order to hope to save one even if it's not ours.

"Quick, pick up that 3 ton Defender before it falls over!"

We love these trucks so much we are willing to lose life and limb in order to hope to save one even if it's not ours.

"Quick, pick up that 3 ton Defender before it falls over!"

Pretty stupid split second for me -- I got smart fast...

It was amazing to me watching the vehicles go up it and then back down. Based on the type -- each had challenges. The biggest issue was long wheel base with no lockers. We really should have had the Camel winched -- not yanked -- then the excitement would not have been has fun though...

Working on a compilation but here's a bumper cam shot of a fun section.

[video=youtube;IuN94skMO4A]

Hey this is the very section we worked on a few years ago when Ron, Jim, Leigh and I volunteered to do Bald Mtn cleanup. We helped install those metal barriers on the left.

Archived