OFFICIAL: 5th Annual NCLR Shaver Lake Snow Run, Feb. 10-12, 2012

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mark, unless something has changed, you've got me and jim in your site. let me know if this is the plan.

I don't know of any specific assignment, but I do have a spot reserved so we will call it a plan!

Don't sweat the camping spots I have assigned everyone too much. That list is mainly to be sure we have enough spaces for trucks. We have enough sites reserved with room for moving around. Once we get there we can form groups and get your window passes from the Golden Girls.

I'll be leaving the east bay around noon on Friday. If anybody else is leaving around that time and wants to meet up along the way let me know.

I was going to be leaving around that time, but I am now officially out. Maybe next year the snow will return to EPIC status and I'll make the trip. Esp seeing as half my Xmas gifts were for camping in the snow!

Have fun guys/gals!

Remember to turn around on the snow trail right after lunch (otherwise.... might end up remake of our first snow run).

Won't be able to make it; have family commitments this wknd!

C yah!

Whew, what a trip! Everything went better than I hoped for. The weather was cooperative, we made it all the way to the fire lookout tower, and there was actual wheelin' (not just getting stuck). I took mostly videos, but here are a few pics.

All,

Ann and I are back safe (stopped at Costco and TJ's on the way back) minus a front driveshaft .... it isn't what you think folks .... ever got back to your truck and found a note "Was going to take the whole car (since you'd left the screwdriver in it) but decided I'd just take the front drive shaft". Well, not quite ... but hope Collin and his clan got home safely.

Graeme

WOW Mike! you go Buddy!! I like that camel trophy. It actually does what it's made to do.... I'm glad you guys had a blast and that no one besides Graeme had issues. What happened to Colin? I'm shocked that there was enough snow there.

Got home great. Your front shaft fit me perfect.

No vibrations at all.

Again??? !!!!!

Man do you ever not have drive shaft issues? Youre as bad as me. You break drive shafts and I break 4x4's.

All,

Ann and I are back safe (stopped at Costco and TJ's on the way back) minus a front driveshaft ....

Graeme

I just replaced my stock DII front shaft with a HD last week so I have an extra if you need it. Just let me know.

Archived