Birthday MORG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I'll make it. Nick I'll caravan down with you. Maybe we can meet/stop at the Safeway in Redwood City and get some food for lunch?

Sounds good! That's the Safeway by Jefferson?

I'm planning on leaving livermore around 715 with a stop at Starbucks for anyone interested in caravanning down there

You'd be the closest to the route I normally take. I can be there by 0700. Looks like I'll be eating Mickey D's for breakfast...mmmm. But I'll need some type of grill so I can put my kettle on it to boil water. I'll want coffee for Sunday. Anybody have one of them? If not. I'll get to working on one of them. Homemade, if you will.

Go pick up a "pocket rocket" gas stove at REI. Small enough to fit in your pocket, burns hot enough to make a big pot o soup if you want. I bought one and keep it stashed in my side bin in the back of my DII, along with a small pot, coupla cans of food, a few feeze dried packets, and all the rest of my personal survival gear. I do not, repeat, do not, work well without my cup o joe in the morn!

I think I am in for Saturday and camping Sat. night. I just need to line up a couple of things. Should know by this afternoon. If so, I have a big 'ol propane stove - it can heat up your kettle and cook my bacon at the same time. Looks like it will be me and my two kids, they are itching to get some camping in. My wife said something about a warm bed and no kids (after a long christmas break) sounds better than camping to her......

You'd be the closest to the route I normally take. I can be there by 0700. Looks like I'll be eating Mickey D's for breakfast...mmmm. But I'll need some type of grill so I can put my kettle on it to boil water. I'll want coffee for Sunday. Anybody have one of them? If not. I'll get to working on one of them. Homemade, if you will.

My dad is meeting me at my house at 0700 so we will prob b at the Starbucks at the corner of vineyard and Isabel (hwy 84) by 0715 ish so coffee on me sat am then. They have pretty good sausage breakfast things if u dont want McD's As for sun u can borrow my jet boil. It's pretty awesome for boiling water. I'll call u once I get ur num from the list

My dad is meeting me at my house at 0700 so we will prob b at the Starbucks at the corner of vineyard and Isabel (hwy 84) by 0715 ish so coffee on me sat am then. They have pretty good sausage breakfast things if u dont want McD's As for sun u can borrow my jet boil. It's pretty awesome for boiling water. I'll call u once I get ur num from the list

Who doesn't love free coffee? I'm down with meeting you guys at 0715 at Starbucks. Thanks for the invite! See you tomorrow morning.

Well the cards were stacked against this trip. First the cat got sick and had to take it to the vet this morning then as I was packing, I noticed that the roof glass on the LR3 was broken :( Everyone have a great time and see you at the next one.

Yeah yeah. Just after you left my oil filter started to leak. I did not leave until 4. I was able to grab a ride to town with some people towing dirt bikes. They took me to the auto parts store to get an oil filter. So this Morg was a damaging one for me.

Items to fix.

1) winch clutch

2) Oil cooler lines that ruptured.

3) Steering tie-rod got bent.

4) Clean all the 8 qt or oil I lost that weekend. (5 quarts when the cooler line broke and 3 quarts when the oil filter sprung a leak.)

I had a blast! Thank you for your birthday wishes. Colin was funny last night, light-weight! And off of wine...HAHAHA

Belated happy birthday Crystal.

I was out of town and wasn't able to attend.

Archived