David is heading to Frank Raines... and maybe Hollister

If you're looking for Rover company, you should make a post before you go!

I was planning on it!!! :-)

Maybe I will start here. Anyone interested in doing a day trip to Frank Raines - I am open to most days Thanksgiving week or the week after. I am taking time off while my parents are in town.

Anyone?

I'm not making any Rover commitments right now - I've got some annoying things to get sorted plus some upgrades plus some maintenance to take care of that I want to get done before the Rubicon trip. 

And that might be a tall order since I've got plenty of non-Rover stuff to do as well.

So I'd like to go, but it's probably not going to happen.  :(

Awesome! I'll text you right now. We have our Nov. 21st trip planned, so I was thinking of doing Frank Raines maybe Thanksgiving week or weekend? Or even the week after?

I have that whole week open, so Mon or Tues might work out...have to confirm when the in-laws arrive.

I have that whole week open, so Mon or Tues might work out...have to confirm when the in-laws arrive.

Monday or Tuesday of Thanksgiving week would work for me. Barron and I are doing the other trail the Saturday before Thanksgiving week.

Anyone interested, let me know your thoughts on a day. This will be a couple hour day trip, arrive late morning, head back early afternoon.

Ooh... that's sounding very interesting.  I could possibly do one of those two days as well. (23rd or 24th)

Are you thinking about driving up Mt. Hamilton Rd to get there?

(RedRover says 'yes':redrrc:

Ooh... that's sounding very interesting.  I could possibly do one of those two days as well. (23rd or 24th)

Are you thinking about driving up Mt. Hamilton Rd to get there?

(RedRover says 'yes':redrrc:

Hi  :redrrc: ,

I am open to any route to be honest. I would be coming from San Carlos. I want to make it a day, maybe mid morning to early afternoon so my dad and I are home in the evening for dinner.

Let me know your thoughts.

From,  :lr4:

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, but I had to make a trip to Boston to see my grandfather (he is not doing well) and I got my parents a 2016 RRS.

Yes, I am planning for after Thanksgiving. What days are good for everyone? Nov. 30? Dec. 1? Or over the weekend? I am pretty open, but it will need to be a 3/4 day trip because I have to get back for the dogs - my mom can't walk them both (they are too big and crazy).

Jared: the Mt. Hamilton approach sounds good. I don't like windy roads (my rover hates them), but I think he will love the views. So we can make that a plan.

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, but I had to make a trip to Boston to see my grandfather (he is not doing well) and I got my parents a 2016 RRS.

Yes, I am planning for after Thanksgiving. What days are good for everyone? Nov. 30? Dec. 1? Or over the weekend? I am pretty open, but it will need to be a 3/4 day trip because I have to get back for the dogs - my mom can't walk them both (they are too big and crazy).

Jared: the Mt. Hamilton approach sounds good. I don't like windy roads (my rover hates them), but I think he will love the views. So we can make that a plan.

I have the 30th off so I could potentially make that day. Still waiting for the in-laws plans.

Let me know what you end up doing.

Archived