• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to look -- I think we're back @ Hollister for June.

I emailed the lady from BLM today as a reminder that we sent in the paperwork... who knew donating your time could be so difficult?

For the June MORG we're back to our home pad, Hollister Hills SVRA.  This month, Chris Solis, BOD Member and a Trauma Surgeon, will be doing a sharing session about first aid / trauma.  

As per usual, our meeting time is 10AM at the Ranger Station.  Stock trucks OK!

We should be on at Hollister as I am planning on doing a first aid/trauma "sharing" session June 6th at Hollister.

Chris

This is good because I forgot everything useful about being a doctor. :)

If we don't connect before then, I will definitely bring your letters and skid plate!!! Gosh I owe you those!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to leave on Friday, and camp overnight. Anyone is welcome to join me. I will also have a friend coming in his Jeep. I'm not sure exactly when I'll leave yet, but it's probably going to be Friday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Woohooo steel wheels just showed up. Need to install a u-joint, get my driveshaft back in, and my new tires and i'm ready... enough. 

Meet at ranger station/gate at 10am?

That's the plan - see you there

(assuming Nielo is done with my error code issue at least)

Yes, we all meet at the ranger station at 10AM for a quick drivers' meeting.  Depending on how my RedRover fuel tank rebuild is going, I might join you all.

So this is the First Aid refresher MORG. Chris, do you know how long your session will be, where you want to hold it, and how long it will take? Will this be similar in content to the one you held at the Annual?

Yes, we all meet at the ranger station at 10AM for a quick drivers' meeting.  Depending on how my RedRover fuel tank rebuild is going, I might join you all.

This is unacceptable speak - you have multiple Rovers at your disposal - you shall be there!

Besides, I need Mr.Megawatt to come give the low-down on my radio install.  Gotta test it out before the OR trip after all.

I will be there, I don't care where I give the talk. We can drive a bit and then stop for the talk and lunch. I can talk for any length of time. Let's plan at least an hour tho, I have an actual talk that is a little different than the annual, including talking about first aid kits/checking kits and hopefully doing some demos or scenarios. I'll be sending out the PowerPoint slides if people want to print them and bring them. To do everything would be probably 2-3 hours but we can give the talk then drive then do a scenario (an impromptu accident on the trail).

Don: I'm also planning on bringing my laptop and Yaesu programming cable for Brenton and you and anyone else. I'll try to add some more repeaters and a dedicated cross band repeat channel.

Don: I'm also planning on bringing my laptop and Yaesu programming cable for Brenton and you and anyone else. I'll try to add some more repeaters and a dedicated cross band repeat channel.

See?  Now THAT'S why I bought the Yaesu...if you don't know anything about radios you might as well hang out with people who do!

I know right? I put a Warn sticker on the window when all I had was the receiver bracket and D-shackle. Had to buy the winch to further justify the sticker. Maybe I should hold off on putting a CT sticker on my truck...

Archived