April MORG

WTG everyone who attended. We accomplished our goals with overall trail survey, clearing and path of travel staking. Special thanks to Linus, Stephen and Brenton. I really have to thank everyone who attended and helped with the trail marking and survey duties. IMO, the best MORG to date. Also, a special thanks to Hollister Hills SRVA, State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division, and Park Supervisor John Vallett for making this happen. I can only image good things will come from our hard work. For the near future, look to our club requesting special event use and privlages of the Hudner Ranch for every MORG. This New Ranch is truely a remarkable addition to Hollsiter Hills OHV Park.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man what a great time and awesome experience this MORG turned out to be!!! New campsite, mapping trails and hanging out with some great people is what it's all about. A special thanks goes out to Will for further securing NCLR's place at Hollister Hills SVRA, I can't wait to see our work come to fruition on a printed map. This club is the best!!!

Here are some selected pics, full album is here, http://picasaweb.google.com/bcorns/MORG_09_04#.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SdlCYwtpYOI/AAAAAAAAD_o/hUbr5Sf2f_0/s800/P4043564.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SdlCbCmZCYI/AAAAAAAAEAU/55YJIPsMC5Y/s800/P4043569.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SdlCc6Ej-4I/AAAAAAAAEA0/an-IL2XYVYY/s800/P4043573.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SdlClFZQg2I/AAAAAAAAECg/-s6NVxtjwRs/s800/P4043586.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SdlDqVRR7wI/AAAAAAAAEHE/k4AaGu79xzM/s800/P4043614.JPG

Guys, I am going to be on standby for this wknd exciting MORG/mapping of the new Hollister area.

The missing girl in Tracy has not been found; we are all hopeful - she will be found alive and well. Most likely I will be on duty for Search And Rescue (SAR) this wknd; there are a lot of clues/leads that need to be followed-up and want to volunteer in the search efforts.

Way to go guys, mapping and camping this past wknd's MORG.

Unfortunately, the missing girl in Tracy Sandra Chantu's body was recovered yesterday Monday. You can read about it in the news: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/07/california.missing.girl.dead/index.html?eref=rss_crime

Our sympathy goes to the family of Sandra, and the volunteers/law enforcement agencies involved in this case/search efforts.

David Bregman (belongs to the Alameda County SAR) and I (me = Contra Costa SAR) chatted over the phone during the search efforts last Saturday while both our counties were involved in the mutual aid to Tracy PD. Way to go David w/volunteer work. Just hope the person responsible for this is caught.

On the lighter side of things, are we finished mapping the new area; do we need to go back and do part II or any audit; I am game next time!

Again, great work NCLR!

Hi Will and all of you guys. Great to meet you all, had a blast. very cool to get to the new section of the park - Cheers Will. Also nice to help in the mapping for the park. Great to see the photos and great to check out the rigs. Be seeing you again soon hopefully.

Dave, Luis seems i managed to escape the poison oak, see you're not so lucky Dave, how about you Luis?

have a big smile on my face....

Dave, Luis seems i managed to escape the poison oak, see you're not so lucky Dave, how about you Luis?

have a big smile on my face....

I never developed any signs of poison Oak at all. Makes me wonder since I had my hands all over that one bush!!

Must be that Poison Oak only spreads at "higher Elevations" :eek::D (sasquatch)

Today is my first opportunity to download photos and video from Saturday's work day. What a gorgeous day all around. Beautiful clear blue skies, crisp green grass and a bounty of wild flowers made it a day to remember. Oh we did do some work, but it hardly seemed demanding. This was truly a group effort at it's best. Way to go NCLR CLub. I really felt like I was green-lane driving as the Brits always say. Nice to see some wide open spaces in our backyard.

I've attached a few photos and will post video when it's done.

Nice pics Jim! Those last two are from "Bee Hill" (trail 10). From a couple hundred feet away you could hear the entire hillside buzzing with bees. Luis and I turned around because a) Luis wasn't comfortable with the bees B) the trail was pretty narrow and I didn't want to spot with the bees (I did quickly walk the trail though). After lunch we ran another trail which wound up on the other side of Bee Hill. I took another quick scout, trimmed a couple shrubs and completed the trail.

• 10 months later...

In Blackhawk this morning waiting at the light and I see the familiar shape of a white LR3 with snorkle come up from behind and pass me into the left turn pocket....I recognize the car, but as I start to pull forward for the green with my window down and arm ready to wave, I see the LR3 window down and fellow club member KSuttle doing the same.....

Morning Kevin! You added a comraderie of the club to my day and made it a bit brighter! Thanks.

Remember eveyone, reach out to all Rover's, no matter who they are.........It may brighten someone's day as it did mine!

x2. love how each of our LRs are unique in their own way so it's easy to spot amongst the crowd.

a few months ago, i noticed an LR3 with the roof rack sans wind deflector and was like, hey i know that guy. sasquatch sighting!!!

and shortly after our october event, my cousin's family was in a minor fender bender on 84 which i happened to pass by. his eldest son recognized the RRS immediately and waved. following us all day the previous weekend made it particularly easy for him to notice me.

hey, phil, you should put on a clinic for owners of newer LR models so they know to wave at, or at least acknowledge, an owner driving an older model. the vast majority of the LR3, RRS and RR drivers either don't notice or haven't a clue why i'm waving at them from my D110 or my Series.

In Blackhawk this morning waiting at the light and I see the familiar shape of a white LR3 with snorkle come up from behind and pass me into the left turn pocket....I recognize the car, but as I start to pull forward for the green with my window down and arm ready to wave, I see the LR3 window down and fellow club member KSuttle doing the same.....

Morning Kevin! You added a comraderie of the club to my day and made it a bit brighter! Thanks.

Remember eveyone, reach out to all Rover's, no matter who they are.........It may brighten someone's day as it did mine!

Just now saw your post. Good morning to you too!

• 2 weeks later...

The other night down in Redwood City I saw Chuck's truck and my wife looked at me and said, let me guess, one of your friends and I said but of course (in my best british accent!!!)

Last weekend I was having dinner with the family up in Hayes Valley in SF and I passed a bar that had a little outdoor area and just glanced in and saw someone in a NCLR sweatshirt. If it had not been so late I would have stuck around for a pint.

Archived