2024 Oceano Dunes Weekend - April 5th - 7th - UPDATE

Hey everyone -

We have our annual Oceano Dunes Trip this weekend.  

Optional Camping will start at Lopez Lake - starting Friday, April 5th. 

https://reservations.slocountyparks.com/reservation/camping/index.asp.  Quail @ Lopez Lake is where i will be....

image.png

Lopez Lake Online reservations must be made two days prior to arrival date. One-day prior or same-day reservations can be made by phone (805) 788-2381 or at the campground.
The phone line is available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
The office is open 7-days a week 6:00am to Sunset (Closing times vary depending on time of year)
If the office is open: staff will help you make a reservation.
If the office is closed: temporarily camp in a vacant site, check-in at the office the next morning.
You may need to move in the morning, depending on availability.

Hitting the Dunes on Saturday morning - roughly around 10 - 11 am.  Meet after the entry gate to air down.  

In the event that the dunes are blocked off because of the river - we will head to Big Falls Trail.  

Pozo Saloon is closed - so, no point in going out there.

Land Rovers of all kinds welcome - from stock to whatever.  Just make sure you have a shovel, and recovery points on your vehicle.

Mandatory:  Offroad flag.  I have purchased them at the liquor store, on the way towards the last strip, before the entry to the beach.  Also - make sure you have a mount too.  

If its your first time at the dunes - don't worry - its a lot of fun.  if in doubt - point your vehicle straight down the hill is what I have been told.  Below are two instructional videos that you should view - if you haven't driven in sand before, or, not a bad refresher if its been a while.  

My cell - if you have any questions - 925-518-3902.  Serge "SplurGn"

AB8EC628-4B31-4A6D-9697-A34223970FC5_4_5005_c.jpeg

196660FC-5519-4CB1-954A-D9A57991632D_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by SplurGn

• 3 weeks later...
  • SplurGn changed the title to 2024 Oceano Dunes Weekend - April 5th - 7th - UPDATE

I'll be working most of the day but will try to come by and say hi. Just a note tomorrow they're expecting high tide in the morning so the beach may not be open and it may be the same for Saturday just during high tide the creek crossing can be closed if it's over 12 in