2024 Annual Shaver Lake Snow Run! - February 17-19

I'm always down for a little pizza or The pub and grub up there. So the plan is to be there probably Saturday morning I'm going to bring the 110 and then my buddy will drive the lr3 to camp. 

Well it is Wednesday and about time to start planning any convoys headed up to Shaver.

Who all is leaving from the Bay Area early Saturday morning? If there is enough interest, I'll setup a rally point. 

Ideally, depart time around 7:30-8AM from the South Bay is what I'd be shooting for. That should place us at Shaver Lake around noon if not a little earlier.

Depending on how the convoy shakes out we can rally in San Jose or Gilroy.

5 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Well it is Wednesday and about time to start planning any convoys headed up to Shaver.

Who all is leaving from the Bay Area early Saturday morning? If there is enough interest, I'll setup a rally point. 

Ideally, depart time around 7:30-8AM from the South Bay is what I'd be shooting for. That should place us at Shaver Lake around noon if not a little earlier.

Depending on how the convoy shakes out we can rally in San Jose or Gilroy.

I'll convoy. I'm coming from San Francisco; meeting in San Jose is my preference so I can catch a few more zzz's.

For those looking to convoy out to Shaver from the South Bay Saturday Morning, let's plan on meeting here at 7:30am with a planned 8am departure.

5801 Silver Creek Valley Rd, San Jose, CA 95138

@LR4HD I'll keep an eye out for you. My cell number is 402.741.0231.

If anyone else wants to join let me know and we can keep an eye out!

Convoy details added to first post.

Family duty has called, I'll be hanging out at home this weekend assisting my wife with some transnational medical care for my mother in law.  All while wishing I was stuck in the snow with you all and tiptoeing the RRS off-road.  Next time! 

Just bought my Baofeng and going through the course to get my HAM radio license.  Maybe I'll see how far I can get on that this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing the photos and videos.  Have fun!

4 minutes ago, Paul Ring said:

Family duty has called, I'll be hanging out at home this weekend assisting my wife with some transnational medical care for my mother in law.  All while wishing I was stuck in the snow with you all and tiptoeing the RRS off-road.  Next time! 

Just bought my Baofeng and going through the course to get my HAM radio license.  Maybe I'll see how far I can get on that this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing the photos and videos.  Have fun!

Sorry to hear - next time indeed!

14 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

For those looking to convoy out to Shaver from the South Bay Saturday Morning, let's plan on meeting here at 7:30am with a planned 8am departure.

5801 Silver Creek Valley Rd, San Jose, CA 95138

@LR4HD I'll keep an eye out for you. My cell number is 402.741.0231.

If anyone else wants to join let me know and we can keep an eye out!

Convoy details added to first post.

See you 5801 Silver Creek in the morning. My cell is 415-420-5344

I will drive in on Sunday morning. Will have an available seat in the car, so can take a passenger on the trail.

See you all early Sunday. Can’t wait to get stuck in the snow!

We made it up the grade. Will be at the pub and grub for about an hour then headed up Dinkey Creek to meet Lutz at the turn to rock Springs Road.

We made it home around 5:30PM. It was a great trip.

Colin -  your updates were perfect : ). If only I'd have been checking my phone.

Will work on getting a writeup done in a couple days. 

In the meantime, here is a Google Photos album link:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/9iexe4RJE72Weenp9

Upload and enjoy!

23 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

We made it home around 5:30PM. It was a great trip.

Colin -  your updates were perfect : ). If only I'd have been checking my phone.

Will work on getting a writeup done in a couple days. 

In the meantime, here is a Google Photos album link:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/9iexe4RJE72Weenp9

Upload and enjoy!

Added some more photos was a great time thanks. Made it home around 6:30 had a headwind so couldn't get over 50mph . 😂